Pre-launch downloads coming to X1?

#1MrImpatient35Posted 2/18/2014 1:51:42 PM
http://xploregaming.com/2014/02/18/pre-launch-game-downloads-coming-to-xbox-one/

In a nutshell, you may be able to download a game BEFORE launch, so that you can immediately play it ON launch. That would be a GREAT idea cause at the moment, I don't see any reason to go digital. Esecially because external HD support isn't available yet.
---
Can Titanfall hurry up and get in my life already?!!!
#2Kuebel33Posted 2/18/2014 1:53:32 PM
That still doesn't make me want to go digital. Rarely will I be ready to start a new game at midnight on launch day (unless it's Gears).

The hard drives should have been larger in my opinion. I have Battlefield 4 as digital... due to a drunk impulse buy (that's the magic of digital ha!), but that's it.
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: AC4, DR3, Brvly Dflt, Lghtnng Rtrns
#3Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 2/18/2014 2:00:19 PM
It would be good(I would use it once in a blue moon lol) but it isn't that important to me because I always buy a physical copy whenever possible.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#4MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 2:03:54 PM
Kuebel33 posted...
That still doesn't make me want to go digital. Rarely will I be ready to start a new game at midnight on launch day (unless it's Gears).

The hard drives should have been larger in my opinion. I have Battlefield 4 as digital... due to a drunk impulse buy (that's the magic of digital ha!), but that's it.

Yeah. I'm thoroughly disappointed that the installed HD is only 500GB. That's a joke. I can't wait until news of external HD support! I want to buy a new external anyway. This 1.5TB doesn't cut it anymore.
---
Can Titanfall hurry up and get in my life already?!!!
#5kennyynnooPosted 2/18/2014 2:04:11 PM
Digital is nice for open world games you play forever, I kept gtaiv through the entire life of my 360. Some games are worthless used, the cloud let's you reload them if you delete them anyways.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#6lunaticcorePosted 2/18/2014 2:07:29 PM
Yea.. It is a no brainer feature I expect to get someday. However I don't see this happening before Titanfall, and currently the games aren't hitting the market until after midnight on the west coast.

Basically its a huge bummer for only a few hours during major releases though.
#7langystarPosted 2/18/2014 2:12:19 PM
I think this would be a great idea to boost digital sales. I would probably only do it for certain games but still a cool idea to have
#8crynryanPosted 2/18/2014 2:28:28 PM
Not sure where it came from, but I remember some site saying Microsoft said it was impossible for them to let you pre-load games. Probably isn't true seeing as how every bit of software can be changed with updates to allow for it.

Either way, it's something that Steam lets you do (and I assume PS4 will as well at some point) so Microsoft definitely needs it to attract people to digital purchases. I myself would definitely use it, as waiting for UPS to deliver games around 2-3PM is getting boring.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)