why do you guys really care is a game is 720p and not 1080

#1angel609Posted 2/18/2014 3:48:19 PM
i know obviously we all want 1080 since we spent 500$ on a next gen console. but can you really notice the difference? if you can notice the difference, is it such a big deal that you are considering selling your xb1? ive seen a few post of people saying they are selling the xb1 for a ps4. maybe they were trolls idk

just a random thought today that i wanted to share
---
GT-VandaliismZ (with 2 i's) add me
Coolest guy youll ever meet
#2DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/18/2014 3:48:53 PM
Buyer's remorse. Pay more, get less
---
"Slick"
http://i.imgur.com/oJWGvoB.png
#3angel609(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 3:49:19 PM
sorry for the typo in the title

"why do you guys really care if a game is 720p and not 1080"****
---
#4HeracylostPosted 2/18/2014 3:55:25 PM
Principle of cost vs performance?
#5Silent Sniper IVPosted 2/18/2014 4:00:46 PM
angel609 posted...
i know obviously we all want 1080 since we spent 500$ on a next gen console. but can you really notice the difference? if you can notice the difference, is it such a big deal that you are considering selling your xb1? ive seen a few post of people saying they are selling the xb1 for a ps4. maybe they were trolls idk

The more you get used to it, the more noticeable and ugly 720p becomes. If you've been rocking 1080p/60fps on PC for half a decade, it's especially ugly in comparison. If you're just moving up from ps3/360, it isn't as readily jarring.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#6GeistPosted 2/18/2014 4:02:17 PM
I don't. Bought my XB1 for Halo.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#7angel609(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 4:02:34 PM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
angel609 posted...

The more you get used to it, the more noticeable and ugly 720p becomes. If you've been rocking 1080p/60fps on PC for half a decade, it's especially ugly in comparison. If you're just moving up from ps3/360, it isn't as readily jarring.

makes sense since i only gamed on a 360.
---
#8SubSeenixPosted 2/18/2014 4:04:54 PM
You still pay the same price as the PS4 people but you get A LOT less Quality offered.

If you are happy with less quality for the same price of the games than have fun with that.

And yes - If you wipe away the tears you can clearly see the difference between 720p and 1080p
In fact it is a huge difference in some cases especially if your TV is big.
Otherwise we would still play on NES cause it wouldn't be important.
#9MRL3G3NDPosted 2/18/2014 4:07:05 PM
I have a giant TV so yeah I notice...I also have a PC that's 4 years old, and can handle 1080p/fps better than these new machines...it is really a giant joke on console players how they are limping out of the gate on which should have been check mark 1 & 2 on the next gen list

the ps4 is pulling it off, but not like it's no sweat...tomb raider and COD were known to drop below that many times...and they have exclusives coming out that are already confirmed 30fps

When you pay a lot of money you want the best...period point blank if you are the type of person to settle for less all your life I could see why you don't have a problem...this is my hobby, and I don't appreciate being taken advantage of
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#10angel609(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 4:08:21 PM
SubSeenix posted...
You still pay the same price as the PS4 people but you get A LOT less Quality offered.

If you are happy with less quality for the same price of the games than have fun with that.

And yes - If you wipe away the tears you can clearly see the difference between 720p and 1080p
In fact it is a huge difference in some cases especially if your TV is big.
Otherwise we would still play on NES cause it wouldn't be important.

that was a little extreme.
---