why do you guys really care is a game is 720p and not 1080

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. why do you guys really care is a game is 720p and not 1080
2 years ago#31
If you're already reached the limit with your console, then there is less room for other effects. Lower resolution and FPS is a symptom of a bigger problem.
2 years ago#32
IGGYTONY posted...
If I bought a ps4 I would never see a 1080p game on it, because it doesn't have any games I want to play. Why buy a system for the simple fact that the only selling point for you is it has slightly better graphics? You should buy it because you want to. If Sony had anything I wanted to play I would have went with Sony, it's not like I couldn't afford the system.

Basically how I feel.
If I wanted a ps4 I would go buy one. As of now the Xbox one has the games I want to play.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
2 years ago#33
angel609 posted...
i know obviously we all want 1080 since we spent 500$ on a next gen console. but can you really notice the difference? if you can notice the difference, is it such a big deal that you are considering selling your xb1? ive seen a few post of people saying they are selling the xb1 for a ps4. maybe they were trolls idk

just a random thought today that i wanted to share

Every single person wants the best possible version for the games they enjoy the most. When you buy a new system, you expect the best possible experience. Some just get mad when they find out the lesser priced competitor has the best possible experience for a particular game they like.

This is only a portion of people that are affected. Naturally there are people who genuinely don't care. Don't let haters and trolls bash your experience. If you are OK with having a lower end hardware then more power to you. The information existed even if MS tried to hide or spin it. People who know hardware already knew.

Xbox One will still get a huge deal of games. It is still a capable system, much more so than previous gens, and will have access to multiplats even if they run or look differently.

Hopefully trolls will die over time and let people enjoy the forum. There is little to discuss regarding hardware, resolution etc since that information in particular is already known.
---
Core i7 4700MQ | | 16GB DDR3L || 128GB SSD + 1TB || GTX780M OC
2 years ago#34
DeadCeIIScout posted...
Buyer's remorse. Pay more, get less

Its good for microsoft though, they get more money from gamer selling inferior hardware with higher pricetag than the superior ps4.
1 year ago#35
SubSeenix posted...
You still pay the same price as the PS4 people but you get A LOT less Quality offered.

If you are happy with less quality for the same price of the games than have fun with that.

And yes - If you wipe away the tears you can clearly see the difference between 720p and 1080p
In fact it is a huge difference in some cases especially if your TV is big.
Otherwise we would still play on NES cause it wouldn't be important.

I do still play some of those old games on emulators coz they are fun. Fun is the heart of our endeavor. If its not fun you can wrap it with whatever graphics you want and I'm not gonna play it. I like good visuals as much as the next person but its not everything.
1 year ago#36
I care
1 year ago#37
Miiri0 posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...
Buyer's remorse. Pay more, get less

Its good for microsoft though, they get more money from gamer selling inferior hardware with higher pricetag than the superior ps4.

but it costs more to produce a xbone than a ps4 without even considering kinect
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
1 year ago#38
angel609 posted...
why do you guys really care is a game is 720p and not 1080

I don't know why this topic gets made ad nauseam.

The replies that I have read, and agree with wholeheartedly, are as follows:

- Would you care if a game/movie is in Standard Definition at some 330 lines of resolution versus first grade High Definition at 720 lines of resolution? Of course you would, unless you are trying to be unreasonably argumentative. Same goes for the gulf between 720 HD and 1080 HD

- Would you care if every game/movie is in black and white versus color? Of course you would, unless you are trying to be unreasonably argumentative. Same goes for the gulf between 720 HD and 1080 HD.

- Of course you can tell the difference between 720 and 1080, just as you can easily tell the difference between the above examples. Unless you are trying to be unreasonably argumentative or purposefully cloud a weakness of the Xbox One. Or unless you have exceptionally bad eyesight.

/This eternally foolish conversation by Xbox Fanboys trying to defend their purchase of an inferior console when it comes to modern day viewing expectations.

---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
1 year ago#39
I expect 1080p60 to be standard in this generation. Both consoles are letting me down.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
1 year ago#40
Next gen should be 1080p and 60fps?

What will the next xbox have to have to please people?
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. why do you guys really care is a game is 720p and not 1080

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived