If Sony have plans for 4k gaming, can Microsoft even compete?

#41DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/18/2014 7:16:50 PM
Xbone is still working on 1080. Go xbox go!
---
"Slick"
http://i.imgur.com/oJWGvoB.png
#42crucialPosted 2/18/2014 7:50:48 PM
4k gaming is next gen,neither of these consoles could handle 4k when it comes to games,even high end PCs struggle with 4k,going to take at lest 5-10 years for TV to be prodcast in 4k and same with movies,most people I know are just starting there blu-ray collections and some are still buying DVD's.
#43NO2_FiendPosted 2/18/2014 7:52:00 PM
LOL PC elitists are so hilarious. It's funny how very minor differences in performance amount to so much in their eyes.

I'll admit I don't have an up to date gaming PC but mine can play any game from last gen with the best of settings and the differences are so small that it's mind boggling how much of a fuss is made on the subject. The differences are clear but they're not worth paying double the price to achieve that sleight bit of extra performance and seriously just because some hardware isn't top of the line doesn't mean it's crap.

This is the same thing we see with 4k TVs. The difference is so negligible on your standard TV sizes that there's really no point to investing in one.

Sure you can squeeze a few more fps out of your super leet gaming rig but overall it's really not big enough a difference to justify the extra cost and it doesn't magically make the graphics better you just get a sleight buff in resolution which is undetectable on your standard PC monitor since they tend to be 30 inches or less.

Literally the only real plus side to a gaming PC is mods but personally I find mods to be more trouble than they're worth. For one it's generally not a straightforward process where you can just load up the mod and everythings groovy. At least with the games I've played you always need extra programs to run with it to make it all work and often times it makes the game glitchy as hell. Another problem is with compatibility like with Minecraft. I can't use most the mods I have for that game right now because I have the latest version and a lot of the mods aren't updated for it yet so they're essentially worthless. It's just too much work dealing with that crap and it's not worth it to me.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#44dementedlullabyPosted 2/18/2014 7:57:17 PM
NO2_Fiend posted...
LOL PC elitists are so hilarious. It's funny how very minor differences in performance amount to so much in their eyes.

I'll admit I don't have an up to date gaming PC but mine can play any game from last gen with the best of settings and the differences are so small that it's mind boggling how much of a fuss is made on the subject. The differences are clear but they're not worth paying double the price to achieve that sleight bit of extra performance and seriously just because some hardware isn't top of the line doesn't mean it's crap.

This is the same thing we see with 4k TVs. The difference is so negligible on your standard TV sizes that there's really no point to investing in one.

Sure you can squeeze a few more fps out of your super leet gaming rig but overall it's really not big enough a difference to justify the extra cost and it doesn't magically make the graphics better you just get a sleight buff in resolution which is undetectable on your standard PC monitor since they tend to be 30 inches or less.

Literally the only real plus side to a gaming PC is mods but personally I find mods to be more trouble than they're worth. For one it's generally not a straightforward process where you can just load up the mod and everythings groovy. At least with the games I've played you always need extra programs to run with it to make it all work and often times it makes the game glitchy as hell. Another problem is with compatibility like with Minecraft. I can't use most the mods I have for that game right now because I have the latest version and a lot of the mods aren't updated for it yet so they're essentially worthless. It's just too much work dealing with that crap and it's not worth it to me.

You should just never post anything when it comes to tech discussion ever again lmao. Or actually get informed properly.
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#45BoneRevolutionPosted 2/18/2014 7:58:35 PM
"If Sony have plans for 4k gaming, can Microsoft even compete?"

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/forza-5-and-x1-on-schmexy-4k-tv-30877515/

Sexy as hell
#46MrImpatient35Posted 2/18/2014 8:00:50 PM
degen2011 posted...
I mean, Microsoft have only managed to get a single game at 1080p so far...

I stopped reading there. You're already wrong. What about NBA 2K14? Fifa 14? Somebody made a list of 1080p games months ago.
---
Can Titanfall hurry up and get in my life already?!!!
#47bleedingelitePosted 2/18/2014 8:13:18 PM
Yeeeah. So where is the PS4 going to get the power to be a 4k gaming machine?
#48RaRitsujunPosted 2/18/2014 8:15:56 PM
No one cares about 4k gaming.
http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ResolutionList3.png
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 44 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#49dementedlullabyPosted 2/18/2014 8:22:25 PM
RaRitsujun posted...
No one cares about 4k gaming.
http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ResolutionList3.png

What does that list have to do with 4k gaming?
---
XBL/PSN/NNID/Steam:DementedLullaby Origin:DL8286
The Imperial Truth is a Lie