PreOwned Console HELP :(

#1imkindalikegodPosted 2/18/2014 4:38:54 PM
Alright guys, first post on this forum, be nice :)

So I have the option to buy a pre owned day one Xbox One with BF4, Cod Ghosts & Fifa 14 for 400. Which is brilliant.

The only thing is they are all DL games rather than Disc, what is the cons of this?

I've heard that they solely belong to that Gamertag, and obviously i want to import mine on to the Xbox & remove his Gamertag, is this possible?

Furthermore he has told me...

'it also has 12 months xbox live gold on it (about 10 months left on it) which will work with all and any new accounts on the console'

Is this true? Could them remaining months be migrated onto my account.

Thanks Guys.x
#2doodles40Posted 2/18/2014 4:48:20 PM
I don't own an XB1 but in general buying a used console is a bad idea IMO. It also seems a bit too cheap,like stolen cheap. I personally would be very wary of this deal.
---
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
#3IloveElitePosted 2/18/2014 4:53:53 PM
Mate run away from the deal.. run fast! seriously.. don't do it!
#4RenamonPosted 2/18/2014 4:58:48 PM
DL games being sold with a console ... bad idea... if your console ever breaks you would lose complete access to those games. Also selling your profile is against the XBL TOS so if ms finds out it'll be banned.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#5The Bad GuyPosted 2/18/2014 5:02:38 PM
People already selling used xbones?

Sounds like a bad sign.
#6kennyynnooPosted 2/18/2014 5:04:20 PM
Make him transfer your info over to the console, delete his credit card, change the email and password and take his gamertag for that deal to work. Not sure if that's do able but I don't see why not as long as you're both there on a computer doing it together. To much work if you ask me.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#7Ironman06Posted 2/18/2014 5:05:39 PM
kennyynnoo posted...
Make him transfer your info over to the console, delete his credit card, change the email and password and take his gamertag for that deal to work. Not sure if that's do able but I don't see why not as long as you're both there on a computer doing it together. To much work if you ask me.

Do it this way. I'd hate to see you get scammed.
#8GeistPosted 2/18/2014 5:06:31 PM
Don't, just don't.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#9Sith JediPosted 2/18/2014 5:12:09 PM
The Bad Guy posted...
People already selling used xbones?

Sounds like a bad sign.

Cowboom had a pretty big sale on used PS4s a couple days ago. Both consoles are clearly doomed.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#10imkindalikegod(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2014 5:12:50 PM
I wont get scammed, its legit, Im going to his house tomorrow (in my town) to pick it up.

Its just bugging me if I am going to be able to play them games on MY gamertag or not.