Microsoft needs to remove the paywall on some of these things lets be honest.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft needs to remove the paywall on some of these things lets be honest.
1 year ago#1
Things that makes sense behind the paywall:
Games for Gold
Skydrive
Upload Studio
Multiplayer (ONLY if MS provides all servers)
Discount for games (Gold has additional discount)

Almost all the other s--- really doesn't need to be behind the pay wall. Not even OneGuide.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer
1 year ago#2
Microsoft is making money on that paywall, let's be honest. And while we're being honest, gaming is a LUXURY hobby. If you can't afford $60 for a year of a service, you shouldn't own the $500 system the $60 service supports because you clearly can't afford it.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
1 year ago#3
Sorry. MS won this one when Sony started charging too. They should, if anything, introduce more paywalls. Like saving your games and ensuring buttons don't stop working randomly.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
1 year ago#4
No they don't. If you have an xbox and play it you probably have Gold.
---
Hmm a flag with the peace symbol on it. Your militant dictatorship can't have that, now can it Mario?
1 year ago#5
That's one aggravating defense I see the most here. "You're poor, you shouldn't game. Just deal with the paywall. I'm not poor, why are you so poor?"

That's a really low blow. Just saying.
1 year ago#6
stoney2005 posted...

Ive had a 360 & never once had gold. My dad still owns a 360, again never had gold.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3, PS4 & PS Vita) 3DS XL FC 0490-6058-6459 NNID: Nightwing2918
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL, WiiU
1 year ago#7
Remove Netflix, IE, and other non XBL related functions from the paywall.
---
PSN: YoninXI 3DS FC:1161-1061-8447 GT: Andr0idXI
Forever Fat Princess
1 year ago#8
aszsith posted...
Microsoft is making money on that paywall, let's be honest. And while we're being honest, gaming is a LUXURY hobby. If you can't afford $60 for a year of a service, you shouldn't own the $500 system the $60 service supports because you clearly can't afford it.

I can more then afford gold, heck ive bought 5-6 new release games on day 1 in a month & id never buy gold. It really doeant make sense to put everything behind it just cause a company is greedy.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3, PS4 & PS Vita) 3DS XL FC 0490-6058-6459 NNID: Nightwing2918
Systems I own: PS3, PS4, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox, 3DS XL, WiiU
1 year ago#9
darkness1018 posted...
stoney2005 posted...

Ive had a 360 & never once had gold. My dad still owns a 360, again never had gold.

You missed out on a ton then, and never experienced the system to the fullest. Like having a huge, new 60" inch top of the line tv, but not having hi def cable.
---
My new video game & paintball blog: http://m-slender.tumblr.com/
Xbox One clips: https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
1 year ago#10
darkness1018 posted...
stoney2005 posted...

I never had a gold account ether. It's pointless, I don't play online. Unless it's PC.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Microsoft needs to remove the paywall on some of these things lets be honest.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived