Microsoft needs to remove the paywall on some of these things lets be honest.

#71Spetsnaz420Posted 2/20/2014 3:42:06 AM
Pulp posted...
KhelThuzad posted...
pplschamp316 posted...

I honestly didn't know that MS has a cache for youtube vids etc. You could argue that this service cost money to maintain... But you need to take into account the horrible ads that are flung into your face with live gold. This has to balance out.

Some ISPs cache Netflix popular titles to reduce network congestion during primetime hours. I have no idea if MS does, though it's just gimping your connection if MS is routing all traffic through their servers (and a little bit disturbing from a privacy perspective).

Im pretty sure he's full of crap anyway... If not I'm sure he'd have no problem explaining and providing links to this.
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#72roboto_pilotoPosted 2/20/2014 3:47:33 AM
Heracylost posted...
That's one aggravating defense I see the most here. "You're poor, you shouldn't game. Just deal with the paywall. I'm not poor, why are you so poor?"

That's a really low blow. Just saying.

That's because it's the only defense they can come up with.

Nobody is talking about the money but the fact that they just dont want Gold.
The guys gurgling MS **** in their mouth are the ones trying to flip that into "u gots no moneys, po ho ho!" Silly Don Mattrick clones.
---
"I guess I'm a bad man who tried to be a good father, I don't know. Every man has a right to change." ~ John Marston
#73aszsithPosted 2/20/2014 12:02:08 PM
Its funny. All the people complaining about the paywall are ONLY complaining it costs any money. I don't see any complaints that the service isn't something they desire.

This continues to reinforce that the issue is people want a service and don't want to pay for it. At the end of the day, you WANT the service. For some reason ridiculous reason you just EXPECT Microsoft to offer it for free.

Consider this: Everyday you provide a service (your job) which requires your resources (your time and talent). You EXPECT to be paid for that, don't you? Then you are just as evil and greedy as you claim Microsoft is.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
#74SteelToothPosted 2/20/2014 12:12:56 PM
KhelThuzad posted...

The point you are missing is that people feel FREE services should be FREE on live. Heck I can enjoy these services on my PC, on my Ipad or even my android phones without Apple, play store or anybody else charging me a dime. Charging people who want to enjoy FREE services by hiding them behind paywalls is not 'economy', it's pure greed. Some might say it's theft.

How much is your home internet bill and cell data plan?

Those are paywalls you're forced to overcome in order to enjoy those FREE services.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#75loafy013Posted 2/20/2014 2:55:27 PM
aszsith posted...
Its funny. All the people complaining about the paywall are ONLY complaining it costs any money. I don't see any complaints that the service isn't something they desire.

This continues to reinforce that the issue is people want a service and don't want to pay for it. At the end of the day, you WANT the service. For some reason ridiculous reason you just EXPECT Microsoft to offer it for free.

Consider this: Everyday you provide a service (your job) which requires your resources (your time and talent). You EXPECT to be paid for that, don't you? Then you are just as evil and greedy as you claim Microsoft is.

What kind of mental gymnastics do people do to completely miss the point? People are complaining that there is an additional cost to access something they are already paying for.

I have a netflix subscription and plenty of ways to watch it.
PS3 - no extra charge
Ipad - no extra charge
Iphone - no extra charge
PC - no extra charge
Xbone - pay extra

Do you still not see what the issue people have with a paywall?
---
The ball is round, the game lasts 90 minutes. That's fact.
Everything else, is theory.