I don't get this fixation of resolution...

#11ImThe8thWonderPosted 2/18/2014 8:54:17 PM
kushahilic posted...
read that ryse is actually 720p...and it is better looking than anything on the ps4...

Don't you mean 900p?

BDJayce posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...
Why would you pay more for less TC?

Playing good, graphically inferior games >>>>>>>> Playing stale, graphically superior games.

That doesn't describe the current situation at all. Both consoles get the same game, one version just happens to be graphically superior. So it's actually same game with better graphics >>>>>>>>> same game with lesser graphics.
---
PS4~XB1~PS3~XB360~PS2~PS1~PS Vita~Wii~Wii U~DS~3DS~Super NES~N64~PC
Not everyone with a difference of opinion or that has criticisms is a troll.
#12Trigg3rH4ppyPosted 2/18/2014 8:54:25 PM
ThunderPotato posted...
It is a visual medium, graphics and gameplay are the only two things that matter. Fuzzy edges makes little details hard to pick out, no matter how pretty your game is, a low resolution will ruin it.

yeah, if you're playing a FPS it'll make a slight difference. if you're playing a turn based RPG for example, then no it won't.
---
http://i.imgur.com/LtoT6ml.gif
TWSSted since~ 3/27/12
#13DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/18/2014 8:54:55 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...
kushahilic posted...
read that ryse is actually 720p...and it is better looking than anything on the ps4...

Don't you mean 900p?

BDJayce posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...

Playing good, graphically inferior games >>>>>>>> Playing stale, graphically superior games.

That doesn't describe the current situation at all. Both consoles get the same game, one version just happens to be graphically superior. So it's actually same game with better graphics >>>>>>>>> same game with lesser graphics.

This.

Xbots would defend 72p
---
"Slick"
http://i.imgur.com/oJWGvoB.png
#14AftCometPosted 2/18/2014 8:56:42 PM
Bottom line the system is $100 more but the hardware is 50% weaker than the competition. The price isn't justified.
---
PC: 3570K @ 4.6GHz | GTX 560 Ti @ 935/2125 | EVGA Z77 FTW | 8GB DDR3 | 180GB Intel 330 SSD
PS4 | PS3 | X360 | 3DS XL | Vita | iOS | Android ~~~ PSN: AftComet
#15ThunderPotatoPosted 2/18/2014 8:58:02 PM
Trigg3rH4ppy posted...
ThunderPotato posted...
It is a visual medium, graphics and gameplay are the only two things that matter. Fuzzy edges makes little details hard to pick out, no matter how pretty your game is, a low resolution will ruin it.

yeah, if you're playing a FPS it'll make a slight difference. if you're playing a turn based RPG for example, then no it won't.

What? Graphic quality has nothing to do with the genre of game.
---
If you happen to know how to become a paid shill for Microsoft, pm me.
#16DeadCeIIScoutPosted 2/18/2014 8:58:22 PM
AftComet posted...
Bottom line the system is $100 more but the hardware is 50% weaker than the competition. The price isn't justified.

It is when you have the freshest, most unique game library consisting of Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, and *gasp* a graphically stunning pile of poop Crytek game
---
"Slick"
http://i.imgur.com/oJWGvoB.png
#17RaRitsujunPosted 2/18/2014 8:59:40 PM
ImThe8thWonder posted...

BDJayce posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...

http://cdn.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ResolutionList3.png
Exactly.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 44 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#18Meltdown611186Posted 2/24/2014 12:34:25 AM
AftComet posted...
kushahilic posted...
AftComet posted...
You must play the game on the screen of a gameboy color if you think resolution doesn't matter.

I literally can't play PS3/360 on my 120 inch projector because the picture looks like ass. Especially when so many games weren't even 720p on it. Everything looks blurry.

The PS4 looks great though.

i play on a 60 inch lg led tv.

like i said, Ryse is the best looking game out right now and it is 720 p....

why on earth would anyone ever want to play on a projector? those things make everything look like absolute crap.

Ryse would have smaller text??? Heh..joke btw.

Yeah, I'm going to take your opinion seriously when you have no idea what you're talking about.

How do you think Ryse would look like if they bumped the Res up to 1080p?
#19garainePosted 2/24/2014 5:14:58 PM
DeadCeIIScout posted...

another one of these..sigh..it's not that people want the lower resolution..Other things besides resolution come into play when buying a new console. for me it was being able to play with friends, the controller, and choice of games.
#20archibald3Posted 2/24/2014 5:20:26 PM
garaine posted...
DeadCeIIScout posted...

another one of these..sigh..it's not that people want the lower resolution..Other things besides resolution come into play when buying a new console. for me it was being able to play with friends, the controller, and choice of games.

garaine posted...