Cliff Bleszinski Says He's Done With Disc-Based

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Cliff Bleszinski Says He's Done With Disc-Based
3 years ago#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy5OYwFDVfA

Former Gears of War designer Cliff Bleszinski has claimed he will never make another disc-based game, and asserted that the current industry model relying on Game Informer cover reveals and E3 announcements is dead.
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
3 years ago#2
Yeah well most people are done with Cliffy B.
3 years ago#3
I wonder if developers realize that downloading 30gb+ games is not feasible for the majority of markets.
ED
AC
3 years ago#4
Dude hasn't even made a game in years.
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
3 years ago#5
jumbocat posted...
I wonder if developers realize that downloading 30gb+ games is not feasible for the majority of markets.

Isn't it though?

I have no idea what the standard internet connection speed is in different parts of the world. All I know, is that my 26/12mbit connection is only ranked as a B- on speedtest.net, and it's slower than 34% of all connections in my area.

Only 2 years ago a 10mbit connection was the dream, today it's considered slow, buit like I said, I have no idea what the standard is in other parts of the world.
Just for fun ... http://www.youtube.com/user/kyllingefod
3 years ago#6
Digital is the future. If it wasn't Steam already wouldn't be making billions of dollars on digital distribution alone.
PC: 3570K @ 4.6GHz | GTX 560 Ti @ 935/2125 | EVGA Z77 FTW | 8GB DDR3 | 180GB Intel 330 SSD
PS4 | PS3 | X360 | 3DS XL | Vita | iOS | Android ~~~ PSN: AftComet
3 years ago#7
GirlyPowah posted...
Yeah well most people are done with Cliffy B.
I'd like to play DayZ on consoles.
People who agree: 14
3 years ago#8
Too bad it's up to consumers, not developers what's dead or not. Many people still prefer physical games.
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
3 years ago#9
I always prefer physcial and only buy digital if it's dirt cheap ala Steam sales.
XBL and PSN - CKnight082
3 years ago#10
Styrof0am posted...
jumbocat posted...

Isn't it though?

I have no idea what the standard internet connection speed is in different parts of the world. All I know, is that my 26/12mbit connection is only ranked as a B- on speedtest.net, and it's slower than 34% of all connections in my area.

Only 2 years ago a 10mbit connection was the dream, today it's considered slow, buit like I said, I have no idea what the standard is in other parts of the world.

Here in Aus I have the fastest Internet out of all my acquaintances (Only adsl2+ though) and BF4's 25gb took me like 6-7hrs to DL. I think that's too long for most people.
ED
AC
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Cliff Bleszinski Says He's Done With Disc-Based

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived