Do You Think the Xbox One Will Ever Appeal to Non-Gamers?

#1SampsonMPosted 2/19/2014 6:27:57 AM
Clearly, that's what Microsoft is going for -- they want this thing to sell not just to gamers, but to non-gamers as well.

I think the Kinect voice commands need to improve significantly and the cost has to come down mightily (under $300) for that to happen. Plus they need to get more content companies on board and release some quality original programming outside of a Halo show.

In other words, I could see it happening maybe 3-4 years down the line.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#2ILikeGamesManPosted 2/19/2014 6:29:34 AM
Non gamers will be the ones who buy it after its been out for a while, so I guess we will see. The more casual gamer wouldn't be the type to go out and buy a console on launch or in the launch window, so if it ends up paying off it might be a little while.
#3L96A1BOSSPosted 2/19/2014 6:34:03 AM(edited)
The year head start they had with 360 is no more welcome to the future where playing fair goes completely fair and we see who the true king of gaming.
#4goldwPosted 2/19/2014 7:16:40 AM
Too expensive.

Way too expensive. If they want to appeal to the casual crowd, they are going to have to bite the bullet, lower the price harshly, and appeal to publishes can create casual experiences that sell on the console.

Or, in other words, Microsoft is going to have to humble itself, and concede the hardcore crowd to Sony, and focus on exclusives that use the Kinect.
---
Mega Blaziken is a Blaziken that has achieved true sereneness as a warrior in it's timeless fight against Colonel Sanders. - Flame552
#5CrysianiaPosted 2/19/2014 7:19:31 AM(edited)
doubt the casual crowds gonna take to anything now except phones.
I dont see anything like the wii ever happening again either, or atleast not anytime soon.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#6ejay8320Posted 2/19/2014 7:20:58 AM
I don't see many buying xbox one as a primary media device.

1. Its expensive relative to other media devices - apple tv, PC(build your own), smart TV's/bluray players are much cheaper.

2. Many of the media features are behind the xbox live sub. As a gamer most here have made it clear it doesn't matter to them(which is silly imo), but to those looking for a media device this is a deterrent.
#7Blizz87Posted 2/19/2014 7:22:53 AM
The Xbox One appeals more to casuals than core gamers. If would be selling like the ps4 if it weren't for the ridiculous price point of 500 dollars. I know a girl who really is a casual gamer, she plays mobiles and Call of Duty every now and then and dropped 500 for the X1 solely for the media features like Skype and motion controls and Xbox Fitness. So if a price cut comes, it will sell better.
#8L4YER_CAKEPosted 2/19/2014 7:23:05 AM

Who do you think is buying it now?
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#9CrysianiaPosted 2/19/2014 7:41:38 AM
L4YER_CAKE posted...

Who do you think is buying it now?

fps fans?:P

Like every gen :D
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#10HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/19/2014 7:47:28 AM
MS have the Just Dance market wrapped up.

That sold more on Wii (yes, Wii) then CoD Ghosts on PS3.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg