Do You Think the Xbox One Will Ever Appeal to Non-Gamers?

#11scoobydoobydontPosted 2/19/2014 8:49:45 AM
I know of two people already who fit this. Only games they play are mobile, they wanted Xbox Fitness, Netflix and one of them actually thought it was a DVR (but is keeping it anyway after finding out it isn't). Casuals and non-gamers aren't the ones who have a poor view of Xbone, for now they mostly don't know about it or don't care to pay $500 for the features.
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
#12RaRitsujunPosted 2/19/2014 8:50:26 AM
SampsonM posted...
Clearly, that's what Microsoft is going for -- they want this thing to sell not just to gamers, but to non-gamers as well.

I think the Kinect voice commands need to improve significantly and the cost has to come down mightily (under $300) for that to happen. Plus they need to get more content companies on board and release some quality original programming outside of a Halo show.

In other words, I could see it happening maybe 3-4 years down the line.

It IS appealing to non-gamers.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 44 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#13SedatedPosted 2/19/2014 9:02:57 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
I know of two people already who fit this. Only games they play are mobile, they wanted Xbox Fitness, Netflix and one of them actually thought it was a DVR (but is keeping it anyway after finding out it isn't). Casuals and non-gamers aren't the ones who have a poor view of Xbone, for now they mostly don't know about it or don't care to pay $500 for the features.

Who would buy a $500 DVR....

Where are you from? I need to make sure I never go there.
---
NegiBozu203 posted...
Facts don't mean **** to me.