What are the benefits of hooking cable/TV through the XBONE?

#1ExarOsPosted 2/19/2014 7:52:26 AM
I got my XBONE about a week ago and I check my friends list and I always see a few of my friends status as "Watching TV" or something like that. I have my Comcast cable box and my gaming systems hooked to my 70" Plasma but am curious what the benefits are for hooking the cable box through the XBONE? I can easily just press a button on my remote and switch to my cable box. . . .

I bought the XBONE as a gaming machine but am interested in seeing what else it can do. Fill me in on what I'm missing out on. Thanks in advance.
---
X________________
#2axelfooley2k5Posted 2/19/2014 7:55:32 AM
i would only use it if the xbox makes your tv watching experience better in some way

why waste the life of the xbox for watching tv?
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#3AceviperPosted 2/19/2014 7:56:40 AM
nothing much

it might actually be detrimental to the quality of your shows depending on where you are
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#4ejay8320Posted 2/19/2014 7:59:24 AM
Aceviper posted...
nothing much

it might actually be detrimental to the quality of your shows depending on where you are

Was it all of EU or just UK?

On a side note what if you dont have a TV provider and only use OTA, do the other features work with it?
#5ExarOs(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 7:59:40 AM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
i would only use it if the xbox makes your tv watching experience better in some way

why waste the life of the xbox for watching tv?

That is kinda what I was concerned about. I just didn't know if I was missing out on something.
---
X________________
#6ZEROthefirstPosted 2/19/2014 8:00:04 AM
It will lower your picture and sound quality and has some lag so I wouldn't do it at all honestly.
---
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
3DS Friend Code: 1306-6232-5350
#7CapwnDPosted 2/19/2014 10:36:29 AM
My gaming monitor isn't my TV monitor, so I can still play games and watch TV, and use Kinect's IR blaster to change the channels even with the TV not hooked up to the Xbox.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#8suicide machinePosted 2/19/2014 11:25:39 AM
i watch my tv through the xbox one. there is no discernible lag, sound or video wise. no issues, whatsoever. my wife and I love it because of the voice commands. we haven't used our cable remote since we got our xbox one. also, if she feels like playing peggle 2 when a basketball game that I want to watch is one, she plays and i'll watch the game on the snap screen. we thought that was pretty cool. but yea, the biggest advantage is the awesome voice controls
---
My new video game & paintball blog: http://m-slender.tumblr.com/
Xbox One clips: https://www.youtube.com/soulcoffin
#9Jiggy101011Posted 2/19/2014 11:49:29 AM
Voice controls and the snap feature is great. Waiting for a match in Titanfall and watching tv while you do it is great. I tend to lose the remote a lot so it works out for me lol.

There is no lag or anything like that on my end either. If you notice the guy who mentioned lag doesnt own an xbox one.

My advice is try it. It takes all of 30 seconds for the setup.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#10Jiggy101011Posted 2/19/2014 11:51:12 AM
Also messages and notifications will pop up when watching tv through the One which is pretty neat.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.