The problem with gamers these days.

#1Kosmo240985Posted 2/19/2014 8:50:58 AM
People are focusing on the wrong things.

Mgs resolution.

Tomb raider resolution.

Titan fall resolution.

Blah blah blah.

What about the gid darn games?

Is no one passed that we get a 40/50 dollar demo game that's 2 hours long? Is no one passed about that?

Is no one passed about the ccrappy rehash of a last gen game to sell it for 60 again?

Does no one care that titanfall brings a fresh fps game regardless of the resolution?

This is why we get rehashes and crappy stories and gimmick game features and battle systems. We are the problem.

We continue to buy crappy games. I'm not talking about resolution...I'm talking about game mechanics and such.

Now not all games fall into this category but there are quite a few.

Seriously stop whining about the resolution of MGS and start complaining that it's a 2 hour demo for near full price..
---
GT: Kozzie85
#2RickGottiPosted 2/19/2014 9:01:32 AM
Kosmo240985 posted...

Mgs resolution.

Tomb raider resolution.

Titan fall resolution.

Blah blah blah.

Is no one passed that we get a 40/50 dollar demo game that's 2 hours long? Is no one passed about that?

Is no one passed about the ccrappy rehash of a last gen game to sell it for 60 again?

Does no one care that titanfall brings a fresh fps game regardless of the resolution?

This is why we get rehashes and crappy stories and gimmick game features and battle systems. We are the problem.

We continue to buy crappy games. I'm not talking about resolution...I'm talking about game mechanics and such.

Seriously stop whining about the resolution of MGS and start complaining that it's a 2 hour demo for near full price..

Sooooo, TF = good. Everything else = bad?

I don't want MGS, I don't want TF. I don't want any game that's out for next gen right now. If you want new games & don't care about graphics & stick w/ the 360? You want a new franchise, play South Park Stick of Truth & **** next gen. Except you like TF, which if you don't care about graphics (like you said), you could get it on 360. But you wanted it on a machine that produces better graphics? Why?
---
GamerTag: xMinorThreat
#3gala12Posted 2/19/2014 9:08:54 AM
The consoles have been out for 3 months, give it time and then you'll realize why there was a need for next gen consoles, this year's E3 should be quite amazing with the focus being games for the new platforms.

Yes people are focusing in resolution and performance, why? because at this moment there isn't much to play but that is just growing pains that come with every console, so people feel the need to defend their purchase with something other than games.

Titanfall is the first great game for this new generation of consoles, so the need to bash it's resolution is going to happen since Ps4 owners are in need of a game that will rival it, I just don't think second son will be such game though, seems fun but just doesn't have that "must own" factor, don't get me wrong I will still get a copy and I hope I'm wrong and it ends up being great.
---
Xbox One, Xbox 360, Gamertag: galamb
PS4, PS3, PSN: galamb
#4UtterMoonPosted 2/19/2014 9:11:45 AM
1080p should have been the standard for this gen...it was what most people expected, and rightfully so, but when you look at two games that are the exact same on a gameplay level...lets say the Xbone version of Tomb Raider and the PS4...or the Xbone version of MGS GZ and the PS4...and there is a difference graphically (and there certainly is)...then why would we be talking about gameplay?
#5BSerenityPosted 2/19/2014 9:14:03 AM
UtterMoon posted...
1080p should have been the standard for this gen...it was what most people expected, and rightfully so, but when you look at two games that are the exact same on a gameplay level...lets say the Xbone version of Tomb Raider and the PS4...or the Xbone version of MGS GZ and the PS4...and there is a difference graphically (and there certainly is)...then why would we be talking about gameplay?

People can't accept a negative regardless how minor it is...
---
This is your freedom in a life of fallacy,
With no last kiss and no regrets; You don't deserve good bye.
#6Kosmo240985(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 9:15:02 AM
RickGotti posted...
Kosmo240985 posted...

Mgs resolution.

Tomb raider resolution.

Titan fall resolution.

Blah blah blah.

Sooooo, TF = good. Everything else = bad?

I don't want MGS, I don't want TF. I don't want any game that's out for next gen right now. If you want new games & don't care about graphics & stick w/ the 360? You want a new franchise, play South Park Stick of Truth & **** next gen. Except you like TF, which if you don't care about graphics (like you said), you could get it on 360. But you wanted it on a machine that produces better graphics? Why?

You miss understand me. Maybe It's my fault I did write it in a hurry.

My point is not about old gen. It's about new gen. We focus on resolution in these next gen games too much and we don't complain about the bigger issues with next gen.

The fact they push old remade games like TR at full price. Or the fact they push a 2 hour demo at near full price.

I thought next gen games were going to be next gen...not old and short games.

Ryse had the same problem. It was beautiful but the story blew. The fighting system was bland. And it was pretty short.

Mgs is a 2 hour game.

Tomb raider they remade her face.

Kill zone story blew hard and it was no innovation over kz3 although it was also beautiful.

Forza had less cars that previous

Gt was just awful.

I own both systems and the only two games I enjoyed were DR3. And the titanfall beta.

Although if titanfall multilayer campaign bucks I don't think it should be full price at 60.

These are the issues I'm talking about.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#7Reflex-ArcPosted 2/19/2014 9:17:53 AM
Gamers suck. Long live gamers!
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#8UtterMoonPosted 2/19/2014 9:18:10 AM
Also...MGS GZ is a two hour prologue...at half the price....lets not pretend as if its anything higher than half, and while I agree that 30 dollars is 10 dollars too much...its still better to have a taste of something that's a year out instead of not having a taste at all.

And lets also not pretend that Titanfall is as innovative as we make it out to be. I think the burn card idea is fantastic, but running around with Ai bots and doing parkour to quickly move about the level is nothing new...its just the first time that it's been done right.

Titanfall is a good game...but its only the first good game to reach this gen. (outside of Nba2k14, which I love..but meh..)
#9L96A1BOSSPosted 2/19/2014 9:18:14 AM
Titanfall no single player should have been $30 price tag in my eyes that's a half a game from any fps experience we ever seen to date.
#10userfrigginamePosted 2/19/2014 9:18:27 AM
I agree with you. Gaming standards have sunk, and now gamers here only seem to care about resolution and FPS, and at the same time, they'll eat up redone versions of old games cuz there isn't anything else to play, and be excited that it's a slight upgrade from the older version. No one seems to care about the poly count that's going into next gen games, that makes a much bigger difference in terms of graphics. And no one was hoping that Crystal Dynamics was going to reveal a new Tomb Raider, instead of a remaster or whatever. Everyone seemed okay with it, cuz "what the hell, I have nothing else to play."