The problem with gamers these days.

#11aszsithPosted 2/19/2014 10:29:24 AM(edited)
The problem with gamers "these days" is that so many of the vocal ones on these boards started gaming on a Sony or Microsoft machine, meaning they are less than 20 years old and they act their age more often than not. Their sense of immature entitlement is the single worst characteristic associated with "gamers these days".

Unfortunately, those children are fickle, quick to complain, and ignorant of the way businesses operate. However, they also feel that since they have the Internet, they have unlimited knowledge after 3 seconds of Google use, are experts on every possible subject, and that their opinion is the only one that matters.

They are quick to brand everything they dislike as disgusting garbage and feel emotionally slighted because a company did not produce the exact consumer product they desired. They feel a need to defend the product they support and to attack the competing one, for seemingly no reason other than justification of they way they chose to spend their limited resources.

They want features and services but don't want to pay for them. They complain of corporate greed while they cry that they aren't getting what they want, but all they seem to want is to provide complaints, not viable solutions.

Through their entitlement they feel the squeaky wheel will get oiled. They then get upset if that doesn't happen, but show no appreciation when their whims are catered to because that was they expected to occur.

Of course, not all gamers fall into this category. In fact, I'd wager to say that it is a small group overall. Unfortunately, that small group is also the most vocal.
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.