asking for honest answers

#1Hidan623Posted 2/19/2014 12:05:19 PM
Did anyone consider maybe game developers just don't know how to work the xbox one yet?

Everyone talks about how devs are having a hard time making games for xbox and all this stuff. But Microsoft themselves seem to be able to work it pretty darn easy soooooo couldn't it just be that devs don't understand how to work it yet....people don't realize the devs didn't make the system so it will take some time to learn it...they don't know EVERYTHING geez. Also the ps3 was extremely difficult for devs to use at first if i remember correctly and it did perfectly fine so why are people acting like the xbox will die just because devs don't know how to use it YET?

are there anyone with actual opinions on the subject or just people ready to troll me?
#2GigaDogqHDPosted 2/19/2014 12:08:26 PM
Dunno

But I remember back when PS3 came out there was a lot of "doom and gloom" and talk of devs not liking to dev for it. That being said, it sold really well compared to 360, even though it came out a year later.

Honestly folks, I wouldnt worry about it. Xbox may not be the leader again, but it will be fine.
---
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane
#3TBONE_OGPosted 2/19/2014 12:08:30 PM
Once devs start understanding how to use the X1 architect, it's really going to change the performance gap between the 2 leading consoles.

However, the PS4 will always be easier to develop for, thus the 1080p/60fps majority. And when it comes down to it, it'll probably have the best looking game out there. NaughtyDog is very very talented. But we never know what the future holds...

But remember, all games currently are "last gen ports" to sum it up simply. Almost every big AAA game is still coming out for last gen. These ports are why the X1 is suffering in frame rate and resolution.

Owners (myself included) of the Xbox One should be worried IF and WHEN Halo 5 drops and is not 1080p/60fps (if that was the goal intended). We should then know that the X1 doesn't have the specs to cut it.

But regardless, fun games are still fun games no matter the res/fps. Fact.

Once games start getting built from the ground up on the X1 dev kits, is when you'll see how powerful this console is.

But people will still not understand or care, continue to troll this board, and I'll just continue to add to my ignore list. Life goes on...

Circle of life. *Cues Elton John to begin*

---
Always O.G.
#4MyFavoriteDishPosted 2/19/2014 12:09:03 PM
Developers didn't know how to properly utilize the cloud that Microsoft was touting about.
First party games such as Forza are top notch because how Microsoft utilized their own cloud system and made the game better, like better graphics, AI.. .
---
Welcome to GameFAQs? Is this your first visit?
Rule 1: Fighting against trolls is prohibited, and you will be severely punished with a minor loss of karma.
#5GeistPosted 2/19/2014 12:09:18 PM
Of course, it's how it always goes. Hence why games like Sleeping Dogs or GTAV look better then PDZ and The Outfit. All systems take time to become their best.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#6Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 12:13:00 PM
at least the few of you who have commented so far seem to understand how it goes......that's like if you drive a 08 lexus and then buy an 14 lexus well you don't know EVERY single new feature added to the car you learn new things about it all the time it's the same with systems when something new comes out you have to learn about it to be able to utilize it. People act like devs helped make the ps4 and xbox one when in fact they are just like us they were given the system after it was completed and tried rushing games out for release and if i remember correctly they weren't even finished with the console when devs started making games for them were they?
#7nableetPosted 2/19/2014 12:16:28 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
Once devs start understanding how to use the X1 architect, it's really going to change the performance gap between the 2 leading consoles.

However, the PS4 will always be easier to develop for, thus the 1080p/60fps majority. And when it comes down to it, it'll probably have the best looking game out there. NaughtyDog is very very talented. But we never know what the future holds...

But remember, all games currently are "last gen ports" to sum it up simply. Almost every big AAA game is still coming out for last gen. These ports are why the X1 is suffering in frame rate and resolution.

Owners (myself included) of the Xbox One should be worried IF and WHEN Halo 5 drops and is not 1080p/60fps (if that was the goal intended). We should then know that the X1 doesn't have the specs to cut it.

But regardless, fun games are still fun games no matter the res/fps. Fact.

Once games start getting built from the ground up on the X1 dev kits, is when you'll see how powerful this console is.

But people will still not understand or care, continue to troll this board, and I'll just continue to add to my ignore list. Life goes on...

Circle of life. *Cues Elton John to begin*

Good post.
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#8Webmaster4531Posted 2/19/2014 12:19:52 PM(edited)
Hidan623 posted...
at least the few of you who have commented so far seem to understand how it goes......that's like if you drive a 08 lexus and then buy an 14 lexus well you don't know EVERY single new feature added to the car you learn new things about it all the time it's the same with systems when something new comes out you have to learn about it to be able to utilize it. People act like devs helped make the ps4 and xbox one when in fact they are just like us they were given the system after it was completed and tried rushing games out for release and if i remember correctly they weren't even finished with the console when devs started making games for them were they?

You're very close to eye burning wall level. No, dev weren't using the finished versions.

Edit: I don't even know if there are finished version or the dev kits are on going development.
---
Ad Hominem.
#9Kupo_Mog_KupoPosted 2/19/2014 12:18:58 PM
A lot of people know things will improve a lot but they're just more concerned with trolling the people who play the games on it and acting like it's the Atari 2600.
---
If LeBron shoots below 56 percent for the regular(obviously) season(2013-14) I'll close my account.
#10Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 12:19:19 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
Hidan623 posted...

You're very close to eye burning wall level. No, dev weren't using the finished versions.

I don't even know if eye burning wall level is good or bad o.O