asking for honest answers

#11Webmaster4531Posted 2/19/2014 11:23:23 AM
Hidan623 posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
Hidan623 posted...
at least the few of you who have commented so far seem to understand how it goes......that's like if you drive a 08 lexus and then buy an 14 lexus well you don't know EVERY single new feature added to the car you learn new things about it all the time it's the same with systems when something new comes out you have to learn about it to be able to utilize it. People act like devs helped make the ps4 and xbox one when in fact they are just like us they were given the system after it was completed and tried rushing games out for release and if i remember correctly they weren't even finished with the console when devs started making games for them were they?

You're very close to eye burning wall level. No, dev weren't using the finished versions.

I don't even know if eye burning wall level is good or bad o.O

I don't like getting my eyes burned and I'm sure most people don't. It's a common internet idiom to call a large block of unformatted text a wall.
---
Ad Hominem.
#12axelfooley2k5Posted 2/19/2014 11:23:57 AM
Hidan623 posted...
Did anyone consider maybe game developers just don't know how to work the xbox one yet?

Everyone talks about how devs are having a hard time making games for xbox and all this stuff. But Microsoft themselves seem to be able to work it pretty darn easy soooooo couldn't it just be that devs don't understand how to work it yet....people don't realize the devs didn't make the system so it will take some time to learn it...they don't know EVERYTHING geez. Also the ps3 was extremely difficult for devs to use at first if i remember correctly and it did perfectly fine so why are people acting like the xbox will die just because devs don't know how to use it YET?

are there anyone with actual opinions on the subject or just people ready to troll me?

i just read your first sentence

there is only one answer

ps3 was more powerful but harder....much harder to program for
xbox one is not more powerful and also is harder to develop for

double whammy
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#13yay4pachirisuPosted 2/19/2014 11:23:59 AM
Of course. You're telling developers to program a game, which most have prior knowledge doing for last-gen consoles, in a completely different way.

But, as guy said above, Halo 5 should be the deciding factor.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NR1OD.png
#14Jiggy101011Posted 2/19/2014 11:24:16 AM
People also forget that we are only in month 4 of both consoles being released. I don't understand where people on this message board get the mindset of games wont look graphically better than launch games.

Is this their first console ever? its almost as if they believe every PS3 game looked like The Last of Us, and every 360 game looked like Halo 4.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#15Hidan623(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 11:24:31 AM
Webmaster4531 posted...
Hidan623 posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
Hidan623 posted...
at least the few of you who have commented so far seem to understand how it goes......that's like if you drive a 08 lexus and then buy an 14 lexus well you don't know EVERY single new feature added to the car you learn new things about it all the time it's the same with systems when something new comes out you have to learn about it to be able to utilize it. People act like devs helped make the ps4 and xbox one when in fact they are just like us they were given the system after it was completed and tried rushing games out for release and if i remember correctly they weren't even finished with the console when devs started making games for them were they?

You're very close to eye burning wall level. No, dev weren't using the finished versions.

I don't like getting my eyes burned and I'm sure most people don't. It's a common internet idiom to call a large block of unformatted text a wall.

lol people could always just not read it if it's that hard for them!
#16Viet0nePosted 2/19/2014 11:26:35 AM
The assumption that developers improving their knowledge of the Xbox One to close the gap does not make sense. The Xbox One is not significantly different than the PS4 in the hardware design. The PS4 simply has a better GPU. The performance of the GPU in the Xbox One can not physically match the performance of the GPU in the PS4 and there are no additional factors to make up the difference.

If you want to use car analogies, the Xbox One is a Subaru WRX and the PS4 is a Subaru WRX STI. The developers are the drivers. No matter how good the driver becomes in the WRX, he/she will be able to do better in the WRX STI. In the WRX, no matter how well you develop your skills, you won't ever match the performance you can get from the WRX STI. There's simply more power and performance in that car even though both are based off the same platform.

Game Development adapts and evolves. Even as developers are able to get more efficiency and performance from the Xbox One, the games they develop will also need more power. 1-2 years from now, developers may be masters of development on the Xbox One but the games at that time will also be better. Still, the PS4 will always have the hardware advantage and developers will be able to improve efficiency and performance on the PS4.

If the PS4 developers never improved and the Xbox One developers did, then maybe the gap will close to a minimum. But this isn't going to happen. Both the tools and the developers will get better at the respective platforms and the PS4 will still show it's advantages.
---
Currently Playing: ACIV, Starbound, Borderlands2
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#17Webmaster4531Posted 2/19/2014 11:30:28 AM
Hidan623 posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
Hidan623 posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
Hidan623 posted...

lol people could always just not read it if it's that hard for them!

They do as I said I almost did. Things like this kill discussion and that's why forums exist.
---
Ad Hominem.
#18Juzten76Posted 2/19/2014 11:30:44 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
Once devs start understanding how to use the X1 architect, it's really going to change the performance gap between the 2 leading consoles.

However, the PS4 will always be easier to develop for, thus the 1080p/60fps majority. And when it comes down to it, it'll probably have the best looking game out there. NaughtyDog is very very talented. But we never know what the future holds...

But remember, all games currently are "last gen ports" to sum it up simply. Almost every big AAA game is still coming out for last gen. These ports are why the X1 is suffering in frame rate and resolution.

Owners (myself included) of the Xbox One should be worried IF and WHEN Halo 5 drops and is not 1080p/60fps (if that was the goal intended). We should then know that the X1 doesn't have the specs to cut it.

But regardless, fun games are still fun games no matter the res/fps. Fact.

Once games start getting built from the ground up on the X1 dev kits, is when you'll see how powerful this console is.

But people will still not understand or care, continue to troll this board, and I'll just continue to add to my ignore list. Life goes on...

Circle of life. *Cues Elton John to begin*

Love this post. I about choked on my Pepsi the other day when one of the trolls actually said that what we see now is as good as it will get on the Xbox One. One of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board.
#19axelfooley2k5Posted 2/19/2014 11:36:23 AM
Once devs start understanding how to use the X1 architect, it's really going to change the performance gap between the 2 leading consoles.

tools for ps4 will get better as time goes too
it very simply does not have as much under the hood

it is going to be a short generation anyway

just play it for the games....i have a feeling microsoft will support the xbox one much better than the 360

http://i.imgur.com/N3iMLE1.jpg
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#20ILikeGamesManPosted 2/19/2014 11:41:32 AM
axelfooley2k5 posted...

tools for ps4 will get better as time goes too
it very simply does not have as much under the hood

it is going to be a short generation anyway

just play it for the games....i have a feeling microsoft will support the xbox one much better than the 360

http://i.imgur.com/N3iMLE1.jpg

I never understood that picture because it doesn't make any sense. The eSRAM can be used for texture streaming or deferred render targets. I think the problem is that picture just tries to simplify the situation way too much to the point where everyone can understand it, but its not that simple.

There are plenty of developers who have been scoffing at the whole "its a bottleneck" statement and I bet time will prove them right.