Longtime ms fan getting disgruntled with x1

#1kinglegPosted 2/19/2014 12:17:41 PM
Honestly, I'm growing very disgruntled with x1. I've been an ms fan since the first Xbox and it stinks how all the multipolar s are hitting x1 and not even at 1080p. I'm a console gamer not a pc gamer, but I guess I just felt like our of the gate the x1 should be performing at the same level as its competitor. I own a 1080p capable tv and I'd prefer a 1080p capable game. Is this an architecture and learning the system problem for devs or will x1 be lagging behind the competition this whole gen?
#2EoinPosted 2/19/2014 12:22:58 PM
kingleg posted...
Is this an architecture and learning the system problem for devs or will x1 be lagging behind the competition this whole gen?

Both. Developers will become more familiar with the Xbox One, Xbox One development tools will improve, and perhaps Microsoft will release more resources (or bump up the clockspeed of the CPU and/or GPU). Developers in a few years will be getting more from the Xbox One.

However, all of that also applies to the PS4, and when it comes right down to it, the PS4 is more powerful. Not "arguably more powerful" or "more powerful in some ways but not in others" - it's simply more powerful. That doesn't mean that all games will lag behind - there's several games that are essentially equal across both platforms - but developers who are pushing either system will continue to be able to get better performance out of the PS4 for the entirety of this generation.
#3GeistPosted 2/19/2014 12:26:05 PM
3 months, that is all.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#4IloveElitePosted 2/19/2014 12:30:13 PM
You're not the only one who is unhappy with MS.

I was.. heck no.. I AM, a huge 360 fan, The 360 was and is a superb console but MS royally dropped the ball with the XB1.

If you'd asked me this time last year if I was buying a PS4 I would have laughed at you but here I am, a PS4 owner and ONLY because of my total lack of faith in Microsoft as they mess up time after time. and I'm willing to bet there are a LOT of 360 fans like me who have moved platform simply because of MS's recent attitude and messes. a shame for sure
#5PulpPosted 2/19/2014 12:34:54 PM
IloveElite posted...

I was.. heck no.. I AM, a huge 360 fan, The 360 was and is a superb console but MS royally dropped the ball with the XB1.

If you'd asked me this time last year if I was buying a PS4 I would have laughed at you but here I am, a PS4 owner and ONLY because of my total lack of faith in Microsoft as they mess up time after time. and I'm willing to bet there are a LOT of 360 fans like me who have moved platform simply because of MS's recent attitude and messes. a shame for sure

---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#6ILikeGamesManPosted 2/19/2014 12:35:33 PM
IloveElite posted...

See this is my main problem with this place. Every opinion about how much the X1 sucks or how bad MS is handling the situation is coming from someone who doesn't even own the console.

Its interesting how the people who don't own the X1 think it sucks, but those who purchased it realize how fun it is. So many inexperienced opinions here. Thats nothing against you either elite, I just think too many people here have an opinion based off conjecture.
#7kingleg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 12:48:59 PM
No, I own an x1 and am considering the move to ps4. I love the 360 and original Xbox, but I'm really turned off by getting weaker ports 3 months in. Even now, I hate the kinect and there hasn't been one worthwhile game for it. I could also care less about titanfall and hate mp. I have exclusives on 1 yes, but none of them outside of ryse feel remotely next gen and even that is at 900p. I'm very disappointed simply put. I've always hated Sony after they effectively killed the Saturn and dream cast but even I recognize they put out a good gaming first machine.
#8mmm_BabyBoyPosted 2/19/2014 12:52:33 PM
Eoin doesn't post much, but when he does, topics should be closed. He is the most intelligent person I've seen on Gamefaqs. And I'm not being sarcastic.
#9JohnWall32Posted 2/19/2014 12:55:44 PM
IloveElite posted...

This...I went from trolling the PS board to buying one...X1 is a total joke and it still pisses me off.
---
Board User Level: Legend
#10AtariSandraPosted 2/19/2014 1:16:46 PM
IloveElite posted...

Bet you never had a 360, just trolling.