I have a Ps4 and got an Xbox One today, and...

#31billsfanno1Posted 2/19/2014 2:19:18 PM
GoldenEye8686 posted...
I'm a PS4 player, former X1 player but I will say this, the xbox controller is actually much better than the DS4 some aspects, after long usage. The major con is the batteries and it causes me hand strain unlike the DS4. Triggers are better but the shoulder buttons are worse and the D-Pad is trash.

X1 pad - 8/10

DS4 - 8.5/10

Overall X1 for FPS and maybe racing games but DS4 for platformers and adventure games and definitely fighting games.

I don't understand the comment about batteries. I got around a month from AAs, that's pretty impressive to me. I bought the Energizer recharging system and have gone weeks without recharging. I thought I heard the DS4 batteries last just a handful of hours.
#32FadingLightsPosted 2/19/2014 2:24:35 PM
It's good your enjoying it, TC.

However, it seems the majority gaming populace disagrees with you regarding the controller and menus.

m.uk.ign.com/videos/2014/01/17/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-the-results-ign-versus
#33billsfanno1Posted 2/19/2014 2:57:59 PM
FadingLights posted...
It's good your enjoying it, TC.

However, it seems the majority gaming populace disagrees with you regarding the controller and menus.

m.uk.ign.com/videos/2014/01/17/xbox-one-vs-playstation-4-the-results-ign-versus

Oh dear, pony tactics yet again. When someone feels something about X1 is superior to PS4, use a fanboy poll to make it appear their opinion is irrational.

However, it seems the TC is comfortable enough in his own skin to not need reassurance from a poll.
#34Mindwipe77Posted 2/19/2014 2:58:32 PM
reassurance
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#35teehee23Posted 2/19/2014 3:01:53 PM
Congratulations for Xbox #1.
We believe Microsoft is the heart and soul of true hardcore oldschool gaming and greatness delivered.

Forza 5 is already a million plus + seller, enjoy!
---
Don't hate us because we're beautiful...
#36FadingLightsPosted 2/19/2014 3:12:41 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
fanboy poll to make it appear their opinion is irrational.

Riiight. It's a "fanboy poll" because your favoured system didn't get a win in all categories like the PS4 did.
#37MaverickneoPosted 2/19/2014 3:19:06 PM
Forza 5 and DR3 are REALLY good launch games. I would dare say the best. Get them.

Tomb raider was $40 on amazon, dont know if it still is though...

Ryse is good eye candy. Beat em up style gameplay. One of the best looking games out now along side Tomb raider. Its $40 now, if you can, pick it up on ebay if you want for $30 thats what I did. LOVE the game so far.

And of course...there is titanfall around the corner.

I agree, the controller is the best one out there. REALLY good design.
#38OliverValdezPosted 2/19/2014 3:23:33 PM
I bought an xbox one recently and Im enjoying it a hell more than my ps4 that i had since laungh.
---
PSN^
#39archibald3Posted 2/19/2014 3:54:20 PM
Yeah i have a buddy who`s girlfriend bought him an X1 for Christmas. Catch was she bought it at launch and he had to wait to open it. So he sat there for weeks reading all this heinous stuff on the internet , was taking it with a grain of salt , but it was starting to worry him. Long story short when he gave me his review he was actually shocked at how well it all ran , how slick it all was and how much he even actually enjoyed Ryse. He had been pouring over internet forums reading all the "Xbox One disaster" and "Xbox One fail" topics so much he was literally stunned when it all worked fine and little of what he`d read was even true . His verdict was that the extremists on either side tend to shout the loudest and the most often but it rarely typifies the experience you`ll have when you get one for yourself...