Could Microsft come out with another console by end of 2017?

#1Combo MasterPosted 2/19/2014 2:20:42 PM
It's funny because Microsoft was revolutionary you can say with the original xbox for really pushing online console gaming and having clearly the more powerful console of that gen. Than the 360 coming out the earliest last gen for pushing hd graphics and 16:9 games first.

How do you go from pushing boundaries to think it is going to be ok from 2013-2020 I assume for putting out below 1080p games and the drm fiasco. The original xbox only lasted 4 years I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again except this time everybody views it as one as a big fail.

Or will this just be the last Microsoft console and if they really do fail they will just focus on pc.
---
Combo Master
#2Laylow12Posted 2/19/2014 2:22:54 PM
That's the rumor I'm hearing. Abandon the XBOX ONE early, call it a loss and make better hardware for actually playing games again instead of KINECT 2.0

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#3Kosmo240985Posted 2/19/2014 2:24:57 PM
Laylow12 posted...
That's the rumor I'm hearing. Abandon the XBOX ONE early, call it a loss and make better hardware for actually playing games again instead of KINECT 2.0

You mean that's the rumor you're making up.
---
GT: Kozzie85
#4pwnater777Posted 2/19/2014 2:26:17 PM
Kosmo240985 posted...
Laylow12 posted...

You mean that's the rumor you're making up.

Most likely just made up on the spot, but it would be the most logical move to anyone who isn't currently just blindly supporting the XBone without looking at facts.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#5GeistPosted 2/19/2014 2:27:46 PM
Who ****ing cares, go play a game.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#6pwnater777Posted 2/19/2014 2:30:19 PM
Geist posted...

But for people who say this kind of statement: Do you not want to be spending your money the best way possible in order to have the best experience when you "go play a game"?

That's pretty much the entire concept of Console War III, as I'll call it.
---
"That's NASCAR tactics."
"Opinions are like magnets, nobody knows how they work." - Foppe
#7MurryEB_Alt1Posted 2/19/2014 2:30:38 PM
They did push something, they pushed out completely new ideas and features like they did the last 3 consoles. Unfortunately this time it's not what a lot of people wanted, and right now all people care about are graphics, which is something I figured we got over last gen.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#8Combo Master(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 2:31:48 PM
Geist posted...

True but I cannot wait for an interviewer to ask Microsoft what are there future plans and if they think it will be acceptable in 2018 etc for games to still play at 720p.
---
Combo Master
#9vivalabuck92Posted 2/19/2014 2:33:57 PM(edited)
If they do, we won't live to see it. The Ravagers will have arrived by then.
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#10Exodus_PrimePosted 2/19/2014 2:36:21 PM
Laylow12 posted...

A new report from the University of Manitoba finds that people who troll on the Internet exhibit traits of “sadism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism” in real life

http://www.thewrap.com/study-finds-online-trolls-bad-people-offline/
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita