So Microsoft put a billion dollars towards game production after the e3 debacle?

#1SexyRemasterPosted 2/19/2014 3:07:38 PM
Why not allocate some of that money to being able to drop the price to 400 or 450, or even add a game to it.
#2HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/19/2014 3:10:07 PM
Because the system will reduce in price regardless, whereas games are forever.

They also didn't feel like taking a loss this time. If they did the system would be $350-375
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#3AarksharkPosted 2/19/2014 3:25:41 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
whereas games are forever.

Except for any game that requires multiplayer or is multiplayer focused, or runs off of a "server".
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#4SexyRemaster(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 3:55:53 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Because the system will reduce in price regardless, whereas games are forever.

They also didn't feel like taking a loss this time. If they did the system would be $350-375

Or it could have been 400 or 450.

There are no games now, and now x1 is being outsold by PS3. Games were coming later regardless, they should have given people a reason to buy the X1 other than for weaker hardware, gimmicky kinect with little support, and a console thats last generation only had halo, gears and Forza as system sellers. Titanfall seems like it's going to PS4 for the next installment and that leaves a console with a GT prologue version of Forza which will eventually be good, and Halo which took a big time negative turn recently, also gears sucks now unfortunately.

MS gives no reason to buy.

"And the system will reduce in price regardless". Exactly, so take a little loss now, get more people through the door, which helps in the big picture and most importantly right now, and then watch it even back out into a profit again. Prices rapidly change and taking a small hit for 6-12 months would be no big deal.

MS really
#5userfrigginamePosted 2/19/2014 4:00:11 PM
Huh? Putting money towards game production, and adding a game(s) to it aren't the same thing?
#6NSGraphitePosted 2/19/2014 4:05:20 PM
Its an interesting move, but if the xbone continues to decline in. sales, those billions spent are only going to hasten the demise of the xbox division.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#7scorpio manPosted 2/19/2014 4:06:41 PM
SexyRemaster posted...
Why not allocate some of that money to being able to drop the price to 400 or 450, or even add a game to it.

I love how teenagers keep crying price
---
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
#8Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/19/2014 4:11:17 PM
SexyRemaster posted...
So Microsoft put a billion dollars towards game production after the e3 debacle?
incorrect. not only was this planned before e3, it was even made public before e3:

Microsoft will invest no less than $1 billion into games next gen - an unprecedented sum for the firm - and Xbox One will swipe 15 exclusive titles in its first year at retail, including eight new IPs. All that's on top of a two-year period of bulking up, which has seen Microsoft Studios open new games studios in London, Washington and Victoria, British Columbia while snapping up talent for its existing operations.
http://www.totalxbox.com/54785/features/xbox-one-games-why-you-shouldnt-underestimate-microsofts-core-line-up/?page=1
#9SilentBPosted 2/19/2014 4:17:54 PM
scorpio man posted...
SexyRemaster posted...

Yes, because only teenagers care about the cost of an item.
---
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view."
#10Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/19/2014 4:26:03 PM
SilentB posted...
scorpio man posted...
SexyRemaster posted...

Yes, because only teenagers care about the cost of an item.
to be fair, he probably meant the price of consoles. not the cost of any item. adults can either afford an extra $500 for their gaming entertainment, or they can't. i don't know any that would complain about it. not out loud.