Whatever happened to Illumiroom? What's happening with all promised features?

#1FadingLightsPosted 2/19/2014 7:10:40 PM
Seems it was the next big leap forward in gaming like Kinect was to be, that the Xbox was going to pioneer yet again.

I've not seen hide nor hair of it in what seems like since the DRM fiasco.

Is it that MS expected to be smooth sailing at number one now, without needing to concentrate on this gen, therefore would be able to focus attention on peripherals such as Illumiroom, etc?

I'm just getting this vibe now that all these proposed features and ideas from MS regarding the Xbox One are half-hearted and never come to fruition.

It's disappointing when I paid the full price for this thing at launch. I mean, Kinect hasn't seen any games really, and all it's good for is voice commands, which isn't terribly exciting and it seems if they want to keep pace this gen, it may have to be abandoned.

Then we have the TV integration, which is only in certain regions, and even then TV is dying because of streaming apps like Hulu, Netflix, On Demand, etc.

And what about The Cloud? Weren't they going to extend games with extra AI computation in all the exclusives? I've not heard anything about The Cloud doing anything for Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, or any of the other one or two exclusives they have coming this gen.

It's getting seriously disheartening and I'm losing confidence in MS. It's like they need to stick to one thing and go at it gung ho instead of promising all these different things and falling continually by the wayside.
#2bessy67Posted 2/19/2014 7:13:14 PM(edited)
They canned that a long time ago. It was way too expensive for a consumer product.

Edit: Oh, I just read your post. I thought you actually wanted an answer but I guess you just wanted to go on an anti-MS tirade.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3METALINGUS5150Posted 2/19/2014 7:13:46 PM
Illumiroom was just a concept. Way to expensive to put into the mass market. Don't expect to be some kind of game changer, the time has come and gone for Kinect. TV stuff is only for the US mostly and TV will ALWAYS be around, however watching TV on your Xbone is nothing innovative. Microsoft lied about the cloud.
#4FadingLights(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 7:14:21 PM
bessy67 posted...
They canned that a long time ago. It was way too expensive for a consumer product.

Edit: Oh, I just read your post. I thought you actually wanted an answer but I guess you just wanted to go on an anti-MS tirade.

*sigh*

Sadly that's this place in a nutshell. If you raise any concerns about the console you laid 429 on (or $500 for my Ameribrahs), you're a troll or anti-MS.

Never mind actual sensible discussion here, let's just go for calling anyone who raises a complaint a "troll".
#5jblaze2121Posted 2/19/2014 7:16:43 PM(edited)
FadingLights posted...
Seems it was the next big leap forward in gaming like Kinect was to be, that the Xbox was going to pioneer yet again.

I've not seen hide nor hair of it in what seems like since the DRM fiasco.

Is it that MS expected to be smooth sailing at number one now, without needing to concentrate on this gen, therefore would be able to focus attention on peripherals such as Illumiroom, etc?

I'm just getting this vibe now that all these proposed features and ideas from MS regarding the Xbox One are half-hearted and never come to fruition.

It's disappointing when I paid the full price for this thing at launch. I mean, Kinect hasn't seen any games really, and all it's good for is voice commands, which isn't terribly exciting and it seems if they want to keep pace this gen, it may have to be abandoned.

Then we have the TV integration, which is only in certain regions, and even then TV is dying because of streaming apps like Hulu, Netflix, On Demand, etc.

And what about The Cloud? Weren't they going to extend games with extra AI computation in all the exclusives? I've not heard anything about The Cloud doing anything for Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, or any of the other one or two exclusives they have coming this gen.

It's getting seriously disheartening and I'm losing confidence in MS. It's like they need to stick to one thing and go at it gung ho instead of promising all these different things and falling continually by the wayside.

You guys really need a hobby
I wonder if you post your hate for MS on this board or your love for Sony on the PS4 board?
---
Pawn Shop Owner http://tinyurl.com/m46fstw
W2 1121 1938 0573 X FC 3093 8430 0175X&Y Cloner
#6bessy67Posted 2/19/2014 7:17:17 PM
FadingLights posted...
bessy67 posted...

*sigh*

Sadly that's this place in a nutshell. If you raise any concerns about the console you laid 429 on (or $500 for my Ameribrahs), you're a troll or anti-MS.

Never mind actual sensible discussion here, let's just go for calling anyone who raises a complaint a "troll".

I never called you a troll. Are you denying that your post constitutes an anti-MS tirade?
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#7chedibang1994Posted 2/19/2014 7:18:08 PM
Idk about everything else but as far as tv features I use it all day everyday, but I heard theres some internet crap going on they might be charging extra for hulu and netflix I hope not yet we don't know what can happen with that so I'm sticking to direct tv until then
---
"You fool! Don't you realize yet you're up against the perfect weapon?!"- Super Perfect Cell
#8FadingLights(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 7:20:43 PM
bessy67 posted...
Are you denying that your post constitutes an anti-MS tirade?

Yes. I bought the Xbox One and all its exclusives (no multiplats), I have a 360 and original Xbox with 500 games between them, so how am I anti-MS?

jblaze2121 posted...
You guys really need a hobby
I wonder if you post your hate for MS on this board or your love for Sony on the PS4 board?

Well I don't know what you're implying, but I'm sat at work.
#9bgwilly255Posted 2/19/2014 7:21:02 PM
Everyone who says they "lied about the cloud" and actually believe it Is just ignorant. The rest are just trolls stuck on repeat. The cloud is there. Developers are the ones not using it as of right now. So clearly the cloud wasn't a lie seeing as Forza used just a tiny bit of it and it turned out amazing. In a year or two if no games begin to use more cloud features, then yes, you may have a valid point on it not being as big of a deal. Until then stop wasting your life on such a pointless argument.
---
Disabled Vet. USMC-Sgt 0844.
#1095_EclipsePosted 2/19/2014 7:21:41 PM
Quick, everyone alert the fanboys so they can come assist you in trolling the TC! :O
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.