Just got a new LED T.V any tips or tricks for best picture quality

#61FadingLightsPosted 2/20/2014 1:25:05 PM
How can I possibly pop up on a different username when I have one?

And thank heavens Archibald will be ignoring me. I don't have to worry about him posting his bible-length rants of insults and conniption.
#62Juzten76Posted 2/20/2014 1:26:08 PM
Pulp posted...
Dev445 posted...
Nah man I'm legit XD. I got a 6300 series 120Hz

Try the following, let me know what you think:

Backlight: 8
Contrast: 90
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 20
Color: 52
Tint: G48/R52
Black Tone: Dark
Dynamic Contrast: LOW
Color Space: Auto
White Balance: Leave at factory for now
Gamma: -1
Color Tone: Warm 1

If you search AVS forums, I am sure you can find better settings, especially for some of the advanced settings. I have no idea how the Xbone calibration software is - some say it's great, some say it sucks.

Don't do this! Every tv is different. Even the same make and model. You need to get yourself a calibration disc to setup your tv correctly.

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Video-Essentials-Basics-Blu-ray/dp/B00ADJG56Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1392927929&sr=1-1&keywords=digital+video+essentials
#63Reflex-ArcPosted 2/20/2014 1:49:24 PM
bdfan4ever posted...
TC, I suggest, barring a professional calibration, to snag a copy of Disney's "World of Wonder" blu ray disc; It's pretty good at teaching the basics. I also HIGHLY suggest you buy LED backlights for your tv to reduce eye strain and improve your perception of blacks. Good luck. :)

This is legitimate advice, and I second it.

Also, using someone else's settings is pretty much pointless. There are too many variables. Run a proper calibration (or pay a professional with the proper gear) if you want to get it "right". I'd also recommend paying a visit to a site such as AVS for some very knowledgeable advice on proper setup before calibration. Be advised, though, getting the best PQ can become a bit of an obsession. I've found myself struggling between one or two ticks on something like brightness or contrast. :p
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#64PulpPosted 2/20/2014 2:10:30 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Don't do this! Every tv is different. Even the same make and model. You need to get yourself a calibration disc to setup your tv correctly.

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Video-Essentials-Basics-Blu-ray/dp/B00ADJG56Q/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1392927929&sr=1-1&keywords=digital+video+essentials

Puh-lease. It's perfect starter settings for his model, he can tweak from there. I can guaruntee even if he goes off a disc, his settings will end near my posted range. Any issue between the boards, which are going to be minimal, will be done through the white balance and advanced colour settings, which I specifically left alone.
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
#65Juzten76Posted 2/20/2014 2:27:02 PM
Pulp posted...
Juzten76 posted...

Puh-lease. It's perfect starter settings for his model, he can tweak from there. I can guaruntee even if he goes off a disc, his settings will end near my posted range. Any issue between the boards, which are going to be minimal, will be done through the white balance and advanced colour settings, which I specifically left alone.

If you're going to calibrate your TV, you should do it correctly. Copying someone's settings is the incorrect way to go about it. That is a fact. Go to any home theater forum and you'll get the same answer.
#66secondhand1Posted 2/20/2014 2:35:35 PM
NSGraphite posted...
A calibration disk and trial and error.

Samsung has the most calibration friendly tvs in the market. may as well make use of it.

Heck my new samsung tvs colors were so accurate out of the box, i barely had to change anything. colors were good to go. i basically only had to adjust the black level and contrast slightly.

Accurate to the eye, or accurate to a meter? Two different things.

While it is true that no two displays will accept the same settings the same way, it is a good base. Searching through AVS or HiDefJunkies, or CNet, you're bound to find someone who has posted settings that work for you. From there, it's season to taste. The Disney WoW disc is probably the best disc out there right now. The Essentials disc and Spears & Munsill are good as well, but the Disney disc is perfect for PQ virgins.

Or course, nothing will beat a professional calibration, but if you don't want to or can't spend the money on that, pilfering others' settings and using a retail calibration disc should get you to a good place.
---
I don't row.
#67NSGraphitePosted 2/20/2014 2:37:44 PM
Juzten76 posted...
Pulp posted...
Juzten76 posted...

If you're going to calibrate your TV, you should do it correctly. Copying someone's settings is the incorrect way to go about it. That is a fact. Go to any home theater forum and you'll get the same answer.

Actually, even on those sites, settings cloning runs rampant. there are a lot of guys out there who dont want to put in the work and just copy other settings. I also suggested above for the tc to get a calibration disc and start experimenting, but not everyone has the patience for it.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#68Mr BumpPosted 2/20/2014 2:43:35 PM
Just got a new LED T.V any tips or tricks for best picture quality

Well, for starters, no matter what the marketing dept tells you, you just bought a LCD TV. So you have all the same problems that LCD TVs have, just a bit thinner.

Shoulda bought a Plasma.
---
My games room: http://imgur.com/a/CA2yz
XBL: Mister Bump PSN: Mr_BumpNZ
#69Joey-ZazaPosted 2/20/2014 2:50:38 PM
The million dollar question is what the hell did that dude say that made you burst out laughing? I WANT TO KNOW.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#70Juzten76Posted 2/20/2014 2:51:58 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
The million dollar question is what the hell did that dude say that made you burst out laughing? I WANT TO KNOW.

I was wondering that too. My guess is "Buy a PS4".