Xbox One: Pay More, Expect Less. Agree or disagree?

#1flame030191Posted 2/19/2014 11:36:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nvd6OaKQQU

ReviewTechUSA's video talking about Thief being lower resolution on the Xbox One and giving his reasoning as to why people should be worried, and it's not that "Oh, PS4 plays it better, Xbox One is getting ripped off!", but rather he has a decent reasoning saying that it's showing the limitations of the consoles before they really take off.

However, I'll post my comment on that video on my take of the situation.

I generally agree with you RTU, but there's also another way to look at it. It's been reported that the Xbox One is like the PS3, it's just harder to program for. I feel when they truly learn how the new consoles are designed, we will have some great games with amazing features and resolutions. I feel that this generation will be great whether you chose to buy an X1, PS4, or especially both consoles. It's just like every other console launch in history though, one of the systems doesn't perform quite as well at launch but in the end they get pretty close, if not the same.

So to each their own, but I feel that X1 doesn't have anything to worry about, and this is coming from someone who rushed to get a PS4 instead of the X1

What are your opinions on the situation?
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Flame Guy
Welcome to GameFAQs where anyone who proves you wrong is an ignorant troll.
#2Theclub83Posted 2/20/2014 12:10:18 AM
I think hes absolutely right, tomb raider and thief would be fully enjoyable experiences on the xb1, but its just the fact that your paying more for less power. Also i would have more respect for the kinect if it was used awesomely in a ,,, brace your self,,,, actually game!
#3krystylaPosted 2/20/2014 12:13:26 AM(edited)
I knew exactly what I was paying for and what I could expect.

I do think though that MGS GZ is a case of a lazy port
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#4MyPetKenshinPosted 2/20/2014 12:14:47 AM
krystyla posted...

Agreed.
#5FadingLightsPosted 2/20/2014 12:40:09 AM
krystyla posted...

Ahh here comes the lazy dev excuse.
#6krystylaPosted 2/20/2014 12:40:51 AM
FadingLights posted...
krystyla posted...

Compare the game to any other XBO game and it pales
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#7METALINGUS5150Posted 2/20/2014 12:42:10 AM
Lazy port? How when the Xbone even easier to develop for than the 360?
#8pigboyPosted 2/20/2014 12:42:54 AM
flame030191 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nvd6OaKQQU

ReviewTechUSA's video talking about Thief being lower resolution on the Xbox One and giving his reasoning as to why people should be worried, and it's not that "Oh, PS4 plays it better, Xbox One is getting ripped off!", but rather he has a decent reasoning saying that it's showing the limitations of the consoles before they really take off.

However, I'll post my comment on that video on my take of the situation.

I generally agree with you RTU, but there's also another way to look at it. It's been reported that the Xbox One is like the PS3, it's just harder to program for. I feel when they truly learn how the new consoles are designed, we will have some great games with amazing features and resolutions. I feel that this generation will be great whether you chose to buy an X1, PS4, or especially both consoles. It's just like every other console launch in history though, one of the systems doesn't perform quite as well at launch but in the end they get pretty close, if not the same.

So to each their own, but I feel that X1 doesn't have anything to worry about, and this is coming from someone who rushed to get a PS4 instead of the X1

What are your opinions on the situation?

Totally agree. Rich's video simply states that it is only human nature to choose the better version of the SAME GAME with the same price.

In this area, evidences after evidences have shown that the PS4 version of third party games are clearly better than the Xbone version. Both version cost the same price. Of course gamers want to buy the better one to enjoy!

Plus, PS4 also is the favor of the Indie game developers and a strong support of Japanese game developers and a long list of their 1st party games like Uncharted, God of War, Last of Us, etc.

The console is also $100 cheaper than the Xbone. It is tough for the Xbone to compete with the PS4.

The only possible solution is to drop the silly Kinect 2.0 & lower the Xbone price to $299.
#9RaRitsujunPosted 2/20/2014 12:43:46 AM
METALINGUS5150 posted...
Lazy port? How when the Xbone even easier to develop for than the 360?

Truth.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 44 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#10DeadCeII16Posted 2/20/2014 12:43:47 AM
krystyla posted...
FadingLights posted...
krystyla posted...

Compare the game to any other XBO game and it pales

Every single multiplat performs worse on xbone though.
---
Legends live forever.