XBox One media remote; Kinectless SKU incoming?

#1SakurafanboyPosted 2/20/2014 8:28:46 AM
http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-media-remote

If this means Microsoft is dropping the Kinect (which would be a great E3 announcement) and lowering the price to compete with PS4, things could really heat up. I know it'd make me buy an XBox One if I can get it for $400.

I'm sure Microsoft has plenty of huge announcements to make at E3 and this would just make it all the much sweeter.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin! (Official Riku of KHIII board)
#2Juzten76Posted 2/20/2014 8:33:10 AM
Sakurafanboy posted...
http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-media-remote

If this means Microsoft is dropping the Kinect (which would be a great E3 announcement) and lowering the price to compete with PS4, things could really heat up. I know it'd make me buy an XBox One if I can get it for $400.

I'm sure Microsoft has plenty of huge announcements to make at E3 and this would just make it all the much sweeter.

I think a kinectless version should still come with a mic built in for voice commands. It's very useful.
#3cheezedadadaPosted 2/20/2014 9:04:13 AM
From that link, I am reading that this controller is used through the kinect itself. So its not a replacement..
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4 and handhelds. Yay for options.
#4bessy67Posted 2/20/2014 9:07:05 AM
cheezedadada posted...
From that link, I am reading that this controller is used through the kinect itself. So its not a replacement..

Yeah, doesn't seem all that useful without kinect.

The Media Remote can also control TV/Receiver power and volume through Kinect, which uses IR blasting to send signals to your TV and/or receiver.

---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#5regsantotomasPosted 2/20/2014 10:02:48 AM
Yeah, if nothing else, this re-emphasizes that Kinect will be around for a while. It requires Kinect to work.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#6GeistPosted 2/20/2014 10:10:21 AM
Just buy it already! Stop wishing for price cuts and just go buy it if you want it so much.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!