Who will win March? Big month ahead for PS4 and XOne, even bigger battle

#1PhaseBlackPosted 2/20/2014 9:06:46 AM(edited)
March sees the release of Titanfall which many are touting as the savior of the Xbox One and what will make it start outselling the competition. But I think that month would have been so much greater for the XOne if the PS4 wasn't having an arguably bigger month.

The PS4 is getting inFamous: Second Son, a true PS4 exclusive built completely and only for the system. Sure a lot of people will be getting Titanfall and maybe even getting an Xbox One for it, but the PS4 is getting a release that you can only get on that system. Not to mention it's one of the games that gamers have been waiting on to get a PS4 and it's really become synonymous with the PS4's technical abilities.

Also, both next gen platforms are getting Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes... but recent news of it looking better and being 1080p native on PS4 has pretty much confirmed it's going to sell a lot more PS4s than XOnes, if anyone is waiting on that game to go next gen. And we all know that the bulk-load of Metal Gear Solid fans love PlayStation regardless.

It's going to be very interesting, both inFamous: Second Son and Titanfall could be killer apps, but the PS4 doesn't even need a killer app with the way it's selling. The XOne does though and fast, but who knows what a big release like PS4 will do for the already dominating PS4?

I don't think MS can afford to lose March, it really needs a massive sales month
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2GeistPosted 2/20/2014 9:39:51 AM
Gamers.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#3schmarkenheimerPosted 2/20/2014 9:40:37 AM
I think that Titanfall will be less of a pull than some here seem to suggest (still solid however), but I don't think Infamous will be that much of a pull either. I think people here are overestimating how willing people are to spend hundreds on a new system over getting it on their 360s. Not any real system sellers in the same league as Halo 3 (yet) imo.
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#4Kovalchuk_Posted 2/20/2014 9:43:00 AM
You act like if MS doesn't "win" march they will be in trouble or something. Guess what? They are both going to make a ton of money in March and both be very successful. Especially when they have fanboys that do free advertising for them.
---
3754-7115-0719
#5MRL3G3NDPosted 2/20/2014 9:46:00 AM
the fact that titanfall will be barely distinguishable from the 360 version will be it's downfall.

if it were a true next gen game (like infamous), it would dazzle and provoke people to go next gen...

It's really sad that MS has to create a hype wave in order for people to buy something.

I never was interested in infamous, but I cannot deny IT LOOKS LIKE A NEXT GEN GAME

nothing not even titanfall on the One has made me think WOW THIS IS NEXT GEN
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#6182WaysPosted 2/20/2014 9:48:00 AM
While the internet explodes and the kiddies bicker back and forth about their exclusives, reviews, and sales numbers, I'll be enjoying Dark Souls II (and maybe Stick of Truth).
---
PSN | Mtlegacy
#7UtterMoonPosted 2/20/2014 9:49:07 AM
Syracuse will win in March.
#8SacTown52Posted 2/20/2014 9:53:24 AM
Is true that Metal gear will look better on the ps4 but casual gamers don't know this. FPS attract casuals which is why i think titanfall will help xbone out.
#9kidwgmPosted 2/20/2014 9:56:01 AM
Geist posted...
Gamers.

---
Currently Playing: Rune Factory 4
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii, WiiU, Xbox One)
#10Exodus_PrimePosted 2/20/2014 10:02:27 AM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
You act like if MS doesn't "win" march they will be in trouble or something. Guess what? They are both going to make a ton of money in March and both be very successful. Especially when they have fanboys that do free advertising for them.

Phase Black topic nothing to see here.
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita