The media remote is a great thing but should have been a pack-in

#1rgwPosted 2/20/2014 9:11:57 AM
It is a good fallback for when you don't want to command your console through voice. Like late night television watching. Also, it is a good thing for when you have a guest over. There is no reason for guest having to spend 15-30 minutes figuring out the voice commands and cadence.

The gripe I have is why wasn't this in console box from the start?
---
rgw
--
#2GeistPosted 2/20/2014 9:19:37 AM
First off because it's an unnecessary add on that every system eventually puts out. And two, look how much people cry about Kinect that is actually a necessary add on (for true Xbox fans any ways).
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#3SampsonMPosted 2/20/2014 9:25:22 AM
The remote is much more important than people think. It absolutely should be a bundle.

Half the reason to buy this thing is the set-top box features. I don't think the $500 price point would be that big of a deal if people really thought they were getting value out of the TV features. Eventually, at least right now, many don't.
---
"They tell me dont get high, and I should try to make a living, I tell em' imma hustler and I'd rather make killin' "~Weezy F. Babby
#4GeistPosted 2/20/2014 9:27:31 AM
Kinect is the remote, this remote is just for those that need more.
---
#5MRL3G3NDPosted 2/20/2014 9:30:47 AM
lol right now the Kinect is a hands free remote...no more no less.
They are trying to get everyone to like it but they have no justifiable app or game for it.

Then they further negate it by releasing a remote.

right now my Kinect is used for "xbox record that"...if there was a button on the remote...or an option when you pause it...I'd throw that thing in the closet.
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#6GeistPosted 2/20/2014 9:44:10 AM
Plus there is always smart glass.
---
#7PoweredMilkManPosted 2/20/2014 9:46:09 AM
Geist posted...
Plus there is always smart glass.

I misplace my tv remote all the time, as I would do with a Xbox remote. But I always have my phone on me and I have the smart glass app so it's perfect!
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#8rgw(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 12:06:45 PM
I disagree that this should not have been an original pack-in. The remote is a natural design language for most people while the kinect command is something you kinda have to be "socialized" to use. Why should a guest in my house have to learn how to use the TV because I decided to buy an xbox one? That is intimidating to most people I think.

Also, it really hammers in the "xbone controls it all" aspect because the remote fallback isn't my set of remotes but just the media remote for the console. I could practically just keep the TV, cable receiver, and audio receiver remotes in my entertainment center's drawer.
---
rgw
--
#9rgw(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 12:12:14 PM
I wish the one guide would display in the smartglass app though. That would be a clutch feature update for smartglass control.

The big thing is that I don't want to have to add people to my wireless network and tell them to download something to get traditional remote control. A Physical remote should have been included from day one.
---
rgw
--