Farcry 4

#1carljenkPosted 2/20/2014 10:18:43 AM
How amazing is this going to be? Is it going to be the best next gen shooter? The best next gen game at all? Lets get some Farcry love in here.
#2kennyynnooPosted 2/20/2014 10:19:38 AM
Sigh, thought you had info.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#3carljenk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 10:20:20 AM
kennyynnoo posted...

Sorry... Only speculation and hype :(
#4GeistPosted 2/20/2014 10:23:02 AM
What is the pull of Farcry? Played the first an it was cool, never continued on but have always been intrigued. I hear a lot changed from the first.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#5kennyynnooPosted 2/20/2014 10:24:25 AM
carljenk posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

Sorry... Only speculation and hype :(

It's all good, I can't get hyped for a unkown, thats way to long away.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#6carljenk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 10:27:24 AM(edited)
Geist posted...
What is the pull of Farcry? Played the first an it was cool, never continued on but have always been intrigued. I hear a lot changed from the first.

It's like a shallower version of Skyrim set on a beautiful tropical island with great FPS mechanics and guns etc.

I loved Skyrim but I also LOVE the less detailed less overwhelming amount of content in FC3. Just amazing to roam around and shoot stuff...

Just wait till you get randomly attacked by a tiger from behind. **** is so cash.
#7VirobotPosted 2/20/2014 10:28:20 AM
So far a pattern:

Far Cry 1 - great
Far Cry 2 - terrible
Far Cry 3 - great
Far Cry 4 - will the pattern continue?

(Yes I left blood dragon out since it was a pretty different game, and was fun.)
---
PSN/Steam:Jareski
"In a world without gold, we might've been heroes." -Blackbeard.
#8BobberdongPosted 2/20/2014 10:29:51 AM
Virobot posted...
So far a pattern:

Far Cry 1 - great
Far Cry 2 - terrible
Far Cry 3 - great
Far Cry 4 - will the pattern continue?

(Yes I left blood dragon out since it was a pretty different game, and was fun.)

Farcry 2 was amazing. Just letting you know that my opinion>your opinion.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#9GeistPosted 2/20/2014 10:30:43 AM
carljenk posted...
Geist posted...

It's like a shallower version of Skyrim set on a beautiful tropical island with great FPS mechanics and guns etc.

I loved Skyrim but I also LOVE the less detailed less overwhelming amount of content in FC3. Just amazing to roam around and shoot stuff...

Just wait till you get randomly attacked by a tiger from behind. **** is so cash.

Ooh, so it has rpg elements? Please, tell me more you have very much peaked my interests. What are these elements like? It's cool if they are dumbed down, even tiny rpg elements can make games great for me.
---
For I am the Kwisatz Haderach!
#10carljenk(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 10:33:20 AM
Geist posted...
carljenk posted...
Geist posted...

Ooh, so it has rpg elements? Please, tell me more you have very much peaked my interests. What are these elements like? It's cool if they are dumbed down, even tiny rpg elements can make games great for me.

Well you level up and gain XP from killing stuff. You pick skills from 3 different skill trees that either focus on stealth kills, tanking and healing, or offense. There are a ton of collectables and quests and side quests. There is a crafting system from killing animals that allows you to upgrade your ammo/gun carrying capacity. Just little things that make it like an RPG. And it is a vast and BEAUTIFUL open world with 2 giant islands to explore.