MS and Sony have same amount of First Party studios!

#11CharadeSmithPosted 2/22/2014 7:09:36 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
FadingLights posted...
The problem is, the Sony studios are god-tier and put out world class AAA exclusives. The MS studios are mostly only capable of Kinect stuff and not-so great games. They need to step their game up.

How do you explain why Xbox exclusives sell more than Playstation exclusives?

Like what? Halo? Bungie is gone. Gears? Epic is gone. All that MS is left with now is second class studios.
#12HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/22/2014 8:05:52 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
FadingLights posted...
The problem is, the Sony studios are god-tier and put out world class AAA exclusives. The MS studios are mostly only capable of Kinect stuff and not-so great games. They need to step their game up.

How do you explain why Xbox exclusives sell more than Playstation exclusives?

That's an easy one. Because MS makes system sellers and Sony forgot to build/buy a studio to make a game bigger than GTASA.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#13FadingLightsPosted 2/22/2014 8:08:26 AM
I agree with Hentaido. This is why Shadowfall has outsold all Xbox One exclusives. Oh wait...
#14amarayaar007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 8:35:04 AM
I personally never understood where the misconception of MS exclusives selling more than Sony ones came from.
We really have only one generation to compare, because PS2 exclusives understandably sold more than XBOX exclusives, so the only fair comparison is PS4 exclusives vs 360 exclusives.

And last gen Microsoft's Big sellers were Halo, Gears, Forza and Fable.
While Sony's Gran Turismo games sell around the same numbers as Halo.
Uncharted sells as much Gears.
LittleBigPlanet, and God of War sell as much as Fable and Forza.

Other than that Sony had Resistance, The Last of Us, Killzone, Motorstorm, Heavy Rain, Infamous and Rachet and Clank that managed to sell Multi-Million units, and MS did,'t have anything to compete with those.
#15Garage_ManPosted 2/22/2014 8:40:33 AM
kennyynnoo posted...
For me all I see is polyphony and turn 10, GT6 should've been on ps4 which is why I went xbox one first. I could care less about the rest they're breaks from racing occasionally games.

Except that gt6 is the more realistic game..minis the stupid damage and horrific engine noises. I personally turn off all car noise cause I can't stand listening to cars, just crank the music and enjoy the drive. Damage is just dumb and I fear gt7 will have damage :(

Also if you say it's cause forza 5 looks better than I choose the ps4 cause it looks better than the xbone. Tread carefully. Gt6 is way better, I played the forza at a friend's house for a few min and it just felt so arcade like.
#16HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/22/2014 8:59:21 AM
I personally never understood where the misconception of MS exclusives selling more than Sony ones came from.

It came from truth because it's not a misconception.

Even when PS2 outnumbered Xbox 4:1 the closest it could come to Halo 2 was GTASA - a game that didn't stay exclusive.

Well you're part right, after 2.5 years of bundling GT5, it did almost come within 2 million of Halo 3's sales after 8 months.

Still we would be amiss to discount ODST, REACH, HALO 4 and the GOD above all others. Kinect Adventures at 30 million copies.

Heh, no. Gears does more in 1 country week 1 than Uncharted does worldwide month 1. By twice as much.

Kinect Sports has outsold both franchises in 2 games as well.

Other than that Sony had Resistance, The Last of Us, Killzone, Motorstorm, Heavy Rain, Infamous and Rachet and Clank that managed to sell Multi-Million units, and MS did,'t have anything to compete with those.

They did, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Crackdown and Alan Wake were all flops too.

Also 20>13. The fact that Sony has no system sellers is an old problem that not even the PS2 had might enough to crack.

Sonys next problem is how to compete in a world where MS has more first parties and 3rd party partners.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/efmqo1.jpg

The nightmare is now real.
---
#17dizzyfidgetPosted 2/22/2014 9:30:59 AM
http://oi57.tinypic.com/efmqo1.jpg

My new sig.
---
PSN ~ Mercurial22
dj setup - http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1826/mydjsetupkz0.jpg
#18amarayaar007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 9:35:43 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...

It came from truth because it's not a misconception.

Even when PS2 outnumbered Xbox 4:1 the closest it could come to Halo 2 was GTASA - a game that didn't stay exclusive.

Well you're part right, after 2.5 years of bundling GT5, it did almost come within 2 million of Halo 3's sales after 8 months.

Still we would be amiss to discount ODST, REACH, HALO 4 and the GOD above all others. Kinect Adventures at 30 million copies.

Heh, no. Gears does more in 1 country week 1 than Uncharted does worldwide month 1. By twice as much.

Kinect Sports has outsold both franchises in 2 games as well.

They did, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Crackdown and Alan Wake were all flops too.

Also 20>13. The fact that Sony has no system sellers is an old problem that not even the PS2 had might enough to crack.

Sonys next problem is how to compete in a world where MS has more first parties and 3rd party partners.

The nightmare is now real.

I wasn't even talking about 3rd party exclusives actually...
Halo 2 on XB sold about 8.5 million units while the first halo sold 6.5. GT3 on PS2 sold 15 million, and GT4 sold over 11.5 million. there really was no competition that gen, let's not be delusional or liars...

And yes all the Halos on 360 sold a lot, but I was going on franchise basis here, because mostly the same people buy every game in that franchise it's not like Halo 4 brought in a new crowd to 360 than what Halo 3 did.

Gears games sold around 6 million units each as did Uncharted games, so that's a blatant lie or a misconception that people have because they don't know the sales numbers.

Kinect Adventures was a pack in with pretty much every Kinect, that's like saying Wii sports is the biggest seller, cause the fact is people didn't go out and spend $60 on those games they just got them with a piece of hardware.

So as I was saying a misconception.

P.S. it's funny you should mention the lack of system sellers, when Sony has sold more home consoles since it got in the business that both Nintendo and MS have combined, when according to popular belief those two have a lot of system sellers that sony lacks.
#19HENTAIDOJIPosted 2/22/2014 9:46:51 AM
Halo 2 on XB sold about 8.5 million units while the first halo sold 6.5. GT3 on PS2 sold 15 million, and GT4 sold over 11.5 million. there really was no competition that gen, let's not be delusional or liars...

And how they doing now? We know Halo 4 is the best selling Halo ever, but how did GT6 do? Not well is the answer.

And yes all the Halos on 360 sold a lot, but I was going on franchise basis here, because mostly the same people buy every game in that franchise it's not like Halo 4 brought in a new crowd to 360 than what Halo 3 did.,/I>

Actually it was. In the month of November 2012 Xbox 360 sales increased dramatically over the previous month.

<>Gears games sold around 6 million units each as did Uncharted games, so that's a blatant lie or a misconception that people have because they don't know the sales numbers.

I wanna see the receipts. For one it's 22 million Gears *sold* over 4 games

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/636667-gears-of-war-series-surpasses-22-million-units-sold

vs 17 million Uncharted games *shipped* over 5 games.

Kinect Adventures was a pack in with pretty much every Kinect, that's like saying Wii sports is the biggest seller, cause the fact is people didn't go out and spend $60 on those games they just got them with a piece of hardware.

But Kinect was still optional. Maybe you wanna say Guitar Hero sold zero copies too.

P.S. it's funny you should mention the lack of system sellers, when Sony has sold more home consoles since it got in the business that both Nintendo and MS have combined, when according to popular belief those two have a lot of system sellers that sony lacks.

Sony used to have system sellers call GTA, MGS, Final Fantasy until they were stolen away.

Immediately after this happened, Sonys next console was outsold by both competitors. Sony promised to make games to make up for this, but lets face it

Infamous never sold 30 million units in 1 month
Killzone never did 20 million every holiday
Demons Souls never matched Final Fantast
---
#20amarayaar007(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 10:04:13 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...

And how they doing now? We know Halo 4 is the best selling Halo ever, but how did GT6 do? Not well is the answer.

And yes all the Halos on 360 sold a lot, but I was going on franchise basis here, because mostly the same people buy every game in that franchise it's not like Halo 4 brought in a new crowd to 360 than what Halo 3 did.,/I>

Actually it was. In the month of November 2012 Xbox 360 sales increased dramatically over the previous month.

<>Gears games sold around 6 million units each as did Uncharted games, so that's a blatant lie or a misconception that people have because they don't know the sales numbers.

I wanna see the receipts. For one it's 22 million Gears *sold* over 4 games

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/636667-gears-of-war-series-surpasses-22-million-units-sold

vs 17 million Uncharted games *shipped* over 5 games.

But Kinect was still optional. Maybe you wanna say Guitar Hero sold zero copies too.

Sony used to have system sellers call GTA, MGS, Final Fantasy until they were stolen away.

Immediately after this happened, Sonys next console was outsold by both competitors. Sony promised to make games to make up for this, but lets face it

Infamous never sold 30 million units in 1 month
Killzone never did 20 million every holiday
Demons Souls never matched Final Fantast

That's a lot of spin on numbers.lol
Are we talking about total sales of a franchise? How much they sells on average? how much the highest selling game in the franchise has sold? you seem to change the goalpost for each franchise as it suits your needs.

And even without GTA and FF exclusivity PS3 outsold 360 despite having one less year on the market and being $100-200 more expensive, and PS4 is destroying the XB1 atm.