Xbox One only owners, would you buy inFamous: Second Son on the X1?

#31Exodus_PrimePosted 2/20/2014 10:46:30 AM
billsfanno1 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
No. After the E3 demo, I thought for sure this was going to be the game to force me to buy my first Playstation. But the gameplay looks dull and repetitive, and the graphics downgrade from E3 is bordering on offensive.

But it's the game that defines true next gen.

If true next gen is about introducing massive fog, nearly monochromatic environments and low res textures to pull 30fps at 1080p, I'll pass. They would have been much better taking the Ryse approach and going 900p so that the game could look at least similar to the E3 demo. I mean the comparison pictures are jarring, much worse than crowd-gate on Forza 5.

There was a lot of clipping on the game play video I saw, also does neon lights special effects at 1080p 30fps count as truly next gen?
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#32Bladez_89Posted 2/20/2014 10:46:47 AM
Prototype 3 will have to do when it arrives for a dark superhero RPG.
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
#33SS_MetalSonicPosted 2/20/2014 11:05:07 AM(edited)
cheezedadada posted...
I own a PS4 so I am going to get it. I am looking forward to it, but to be honest I wasn't blown away by the first two. I am hoping this third one does a better job of sucking me in.

I played the second one and got two trophies for the game before I lost interest. Going to give this one a try despite losing interest in the second game.

If I only had Xbox I wouldn't care too much.
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Killer Instinct, Killzone: SF, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored
#34kushahilicPosted 2/20/2014 11:14:06 AM
It's fun but not worth 60 bucks...

No single player game like ss is worth it to me. I can just trend them and beat them and save fifty bucks
#35billsfanno1Posted 2/20/2014 11:14:18 AM
Exodus_Prime posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
No. After the E3 demo, I thought for sure this was going to be the game to force me to buy my first Playstation. But the gameplay looks dull and repetitive, and the graphics downgrade from E3 is bordering on offensive.

But it's the game that defines true next gen.

If true next gen is about introducing massive fog, nearly monochromatic environments and low res textures to pull 30fps at 1080p, I'll pass. They would have been much better taking the Ryse approach and going 900p so that the game could look at least similar to the E3 demo. I mean the comparison pictures are jarring, much worse than crowd-gate on Forza 5.

There was a lot of clipping on the game play video I saw, also does neon lights special effects at 1080p 30fps count as truly next gen?

Once upon a time, the neon effects had dynamic lighting that illuminated the environment and cast real time shadows -- they were a sight to behold. Now they are just swirls of light and the only shadows are pre-rendered. Major downgrade and very disappointing.
#36120N7Posted 2/20/2014 11:15:13 AM
No. Wouldn't be interested. At least, not without multiplayer. Played its predecessors. Lost interest both times. Graphically, Second Son looks phenomenal, but more of the same in 1080p would still bore me. The Order, however, is another matter entirely.
#37LaZyEyeZ0oPosted 2/20/2014 11:19:24 AM
Bladez_89 posted...
Prototype 3 will have to do when it arrives for a dark superhero RPG.

Its too bad the studio closed because of low sales of prototype 2.
#38SixStringHeroPosted 2/20/2014 11:25:36 AM
I see nothing NEXT GEN about this game. Visuals are decent I suppose, but hard to care about that when the game doesn't even have any rag doll effects. Watch the videos, the enemies die the same way, in scripted and canned death animations.

I thought it was lazy enough with Infamous on the PS3 not even having physics considering games in the PS2 and Xbox gen were already doing this. With the PS4 version it's ridiculous that we are still seeing this.

Even lesser budgeted titles that were open world had physics such as The Sabotuer, Just Cause 2, Red Faction: Renegade and Prototype.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#39RS_YELARAKAPosted 2/20/2014 11:27:44 AM
Not my type of game
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Te7qOd5Go
#40phoenix9291Posted 2/20/2014 11:47:25 AM
Not even if it was 1/10th of what it actually costs. If it was free I doubt I would play it for more than an hour. I got the first game for free on PS3 and didn't spend more than an hour with it. Just really doesn't interest me.
---
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup