Xbox One only owners, would you buy inFamous: Second Son on the X1?

#51archibald3Posted 2/20/2014 1:19:07 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
krystyla posted...
Laylow12 posted...
krystyla posted...
Your name rings a troll bell.

On topic I liked infamous hated infamous 2 and infamous SS looks promising but nothing ground-breaking.

If I had a PS4 I'd wait for it to be 40$ or 30$

If you have a troll bell then that's for YOU.

My heads going crazy every time you show up it's like I am in Notre Dames bell tower.

"Ignore" him, truly one of the most worthless trolls on this board, nothing of any value or assistance ever comes from his keyboard. The only reason I saw his reply to you was because you quoted it.

Ditto he`s been on ignore from me for quite some time..
#52FadingLightsPosted 2/20/2014 1:21:35 PM
I have this true next gen game pre- ordered and it'll be the graphics king the moment it drops.

Not surprised that a few people here are claiming they wouldn't get this and I won't be surprised when this thread is filled with others saying they wouldn't get it.

This game is one of the kind of possibilities old school gamers fantasised about growing up... an age of gaming where we can play as somebody with super powers and do amazing things across a massive city, and among other themes.
#53billsfanno1Posted 2/20/2014 1:22:37 PM
blingus posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
No. After the E3 demo, I thought for sure this was going to be the game to force me to buy my first Playstation. But the gameplay looks dull and repetitive, and the graphics downgrade from E3 is bordering on offensive.

But it's the game that defines true next gen.

If true next gen is about introducing massive fog, nearly monochromatic environments and low res textures to pull 30fps at 1080p, I'll pass. They would have been much better taking the Ryse approach and going 900p so that the game could look at least similar to the E3 demo. I mean the comparison pictures are jarring, much worse than crowd-gate on Forza 5.

Don't own an X1 yet (waiting for kinectless version) but I'd love to rally this guy^

You should watch the developer commentary video about the rain and lighting. The graphics are going to blow everything out of the water called "NEW Trailer | inFAMOUS Second Son Behind The Scenes - Creating Seattle".

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=My_FjOXSq_k&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMy_FjOXSq_k

Thank you, hadn't seen this before but makes my point perfectly. They show these beautiful hi-res pre-rendered environments and then switch to gameplay full of fog, blur and downgraded textures. The spells no longer illuminate the surroundings. The firebomb from the exploding car results in no shadows. The character modeling has become cartoonish. Nowhere near the quality of what was shown at E3. The last 5-10 seconds shows what appears to be more promising in-game graphics, I guess we'll see what the real story is in a few weeks.
#54Evel138Posted 2/20/2014 1:23:21 PM
I loved the first inFAMOUS......got bored pretty quickly in 2 and never finished it.

Second Son looks awesome and I'll give it a chance.....fortunately for myself, I'll just play it on PlayStation, so platform is of little concern to me.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#55IzzythewinnerPosted 2/20/2014 1:24:15 PM
i'm not an Xbone owner and i'm posting on this thread.

It was easy.
---
I hate Western Designed video games, but i love Eastern Designed ones.
JRPG games are my favorite. I tried Call of Duty and i didnt like it one bit.
#56Prefect99Posted 2/20/2014 1:28:45 PM
They could give me Infamous 2nd Son free with an X1 and I wouldn't play it. I found the first game to be bland and boring despite a great premise and have avoided the series since then.
---
Now Playing: AC: NL (3DS),SMT 4 (3DS), Monster Hunter (3DS/Wii U), Saints Row 4 (360), Persona 4 (Vita), Dragon's Crown (Vita)
#57krillin4553Posted 2/20/2014 1:33:13 PM
I have a PS4 but I'll probably skip it. I wasn't a big fan of the first but the second one wasn't too bad. Iunno, I'll wait and see how it is after release and maybe wait for a price drop.
---
XBL/PSN/NinID: DocDrazen. Proud owner of all current/next Gen systems/custom build PC. What console war? XD
#58chip1289Posted 2/20/2014 1:35:31 PM
Honestly probably not i played the original on my PS3 and thought it was ok not really my type of game.
#59Exodus_PrimePosted 2/20/2014 1:36:13 PM
billsfanno1 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
billsfanno1 posted...
No. After the E3 demo, I thought for sure this was going to be the game to force me to buy my first Playstation. But the gameplay looks dull and repetitive, and the graphics downgrade from E3 is bordering on offensive.

But it's the game that defines true next gen.

If true next gen is about introducing massive fog, nearly monochromatic environments and low res textures to pull 30fps at 1080p, I'll pass. They would have been much better taking the Ryse approach and going 900p so that the game could look at least similar to the E3 demo. I mean the comparison pictures are jarring, much worse than crowd-gate on Forza 5.

There was a lot of clipping on the game play video I saw, also does neon lights special effects at 1080p 30fps count as truly next gen?

Once upon a time, the neon effects had dynamic lighting that illuminated the environment and cast real time shadows -- they were a sight to behold. Now they are just swirls of light and the only shadows are pre-rendered. Major downgrade and very disappointing.

Do you think that happened because of the 30FPS instead of 60FPS they had to sacrifice?
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#60Megid-MitchPosted 2/20/2014 1:55:03 PM
NO. I wouldn't buy it if I had a Sony box either though.