I want titanfall now, get the 360 version or get an Xbox one for it?

#11flame030191Posted 2/20/2014 12:25:42 PM
lilj812 posted...
thelastdon posted...
the difference might not be that big, but it's still an excuse to get an xb1

I don't want an excuse, I want a legit reason. I'm getting a ps4 or Xbox one soon and honestly the ps4 looks like way more bang for your buck. It doesn't have titanfall but since I already have a 360....

Get whichever console interests you most. Do you enjoy Forza, Gears, Halo, Fable, etc? Do you have Xbox friends upgrading to the X1 that you enjoy playing with? Are you already subscribed to Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Music for a long time? If so, get the Xbox One. If you enjoy God of War, Gran Turismo, Uncharted, inFamous, etc, have friends to play on PS4 with, or have interest in PS+ and/or Music Unlimited, the PS4 may be up your alley. Don't base your decision soley on whether or not one game is coming to the system.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Flame Guy
Welcome to GameFAQs where anyone who proves you wrong is an ignorant troll.
#12flame030191Posted 2/20/2014 12:27:39 PM
Joey-Zaza posted...
Do you plan on playing the living s*** out of it? You'll only get like 3 or 4 years on the X-box 360 before Microsoft inevitably shuts down the 360 servers like they did in 2009 with the original.

Not saying 3 years isn't enough time to play but it's something to keep in mind.

I don't think they'll shut them down that quickly. Original Xbox wasn't online focused and most of their games didn't have online capabilites and none depended on it. Losing Xbox Live servers for it was not that big of a deal to MS. However, 360 thrives on Live and MS has stated they wish to sell at least another 25 million units. If they didn't support their network for enough time to sell that much, they'd never get the sales they're hoping for.
---
#13Joey-ZazaPosted 2/20/2014 12:30:28 PM
Yeah that was stupid. I thought it was such a good point until I wrote it down and then I looked like a total idiot.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#14lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 12:33:12 PM
flame030191 posted...
lilj812 posted...
thelastdon posted...

I don't want an excuse, I want a legit reason. I'm getting a ps4 or Xbox one soon and honestly the ps4 looks like way more bang for your buck. It doesn't have titanfall but since I already have a 360....

Get whichever console interests you most. Do you enjoy Forza, Gears, Halo, Fable, etc? Do you have Xbox friends upgrading to the X1 that you enjoy playing with? Are you already subscribed to Xbox Live Gold and/or Xbox Music for a long time? If so, get the Xbox One. If you enjoy God of War, Gran Turismo, Uncharted, inFamous, etc, have friends to play on PS4 with, or have interest in PS+ and/or Music Unlimited, the PS4 may be up your alley. Don't base your decision soley on whether or not one game is coming to the system.

Well, I have gold until the middle of the summer or something like that and that's no problem.

Thing is, I love forza, gears, and halo. Fable 1 was great but the rest are horrible but that is neither here nor there. I had a 360 forever and if I want to play halo, gears or forza, I'll play them now. Why would I upgrade to play the same games?
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#15PoweredMilkManPosted 2/20/2014 12:34:06 PM
Well there is like no info on the 360 version and isn't it being developed by another studio?
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU - bloodandbourbon
#16flame030191Posted 2/20/2014 12:36:42 PM
lilj812 posted...
flame030191 posted...
lilj812 posted...
thelastdon posted...

Well, I have gold until the middle of the summer or something like that and that's no problem.

Thing is, I love forza, gears, and halo. Fable 1 was great but the rest are horrible but that is neither here nor there. I had a 360 forever and if I want to play halo, gears or forza, I'll play them now. Why would I upgrade to play the same games?

They would be no more of the same game as Forza 2 is the same as Forza 4. There will be new features, new ideas, new stories and modes, enhanced gameplay and visuals, and a lot more to do. If you love those series, you may want to consider the X1. If you have interest in the PlayStation line of exclusives, then consider the PS4.

In all honesty, if you can afford it, I'd suggest getting whichever interests you the most first then getting the other down the road. It'll be excellent for both consoles and you'd likely miss out on a lot if you chose only one of the systems and never looked at the other again.
---
#17MasterSword546Posted 2/20/2014 12:39:00 PM
Titanfall is not a good reason to buy an Xbone if you already have the 360. The difference between the two will be extremely minimal and MS knows this, since they delayed it for two weeks. I'd suggest getting a PS4. Maybe wait till the holiday season to get an Xbone, or next year sometime when there are some worthwhile games, assumably.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#18-Oath-Posted 2/20/2014 12:39:52 PM
If you don't own an Xbox One, get the 360 version.
---
3DS FC: JMO 0834-1793-8249
#19flame030191Posted 2/20/2014 12:40:07 PM
MasterSword546 posted...
Titanfall is not a good reason to buy an Xbone if you already have the 360. The difference between the two will be extremely minimal and MS knows this, since they delayed it for two weeks. I'd suggest getting a PS4. Maybe wait till the holiday season to get an Xbone, or next year sometime when there are some worthwhile games, assumably.

MS didn't delay the 360 version, EA did via Twitter. They did so because BluePoint, the developer handling the port, needs a bit of extra time to add the extra polish.
---
#20spurrierzookPosted 2/20/2014 12:40:23 PM
Seeing as there in no info what so ever about the 360 version and it's being made by a different company, I'd get the X1. Those saying the X1 will only be marginally better have no idea what they are talking about. It could turn out that way, but no one knows ANYTHING about the 360 version. After playing the beta, theres no way the 360 can handle some of the action that I saw.
---
Gamer Tag: GATOR EAGLE