How can MS turn the Xbox one around

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How can MS turn the Xbox one around
1 year ago#1
I happened across this article

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/19/microsoft-corporations-xbox-one-is-selling-so-poor.aspx

I think lowering the price would help for sure, surely ms will have to do this and this year probably
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
1 year ago#2
I happened across this article:

http://www.virtualsalt.com/evalu8it.htm
---
ALL games should have a Single Player mode. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will at the same time.
1 year ago#3
Well they may not be able to. A product redesign this early would be a problem. Lowering the price would help but that wont fix the desparity it is losing by.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
1 year ago#4
They could release some decent exclusive games that I can't already get on the PC, Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii U that I already have.

So far in that case all they have are 9 games for this system and only 1 interests me (Forza 5)
---
www.backloggery.com/lonlonmilklover
1 year ago#5
lonlonmilklover posted...
They could release some decent exclusive games that I can't already get on the PC, Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii U that I already have.

So far in that case all they have are 9 games for this system and only 1 interests me (Forza 5)

This is actually a good point. One of the reasons ps3 beat the 360 is due to exclusives. Get some good first party games going and anything could happen.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
1 year ago#6
I expect a price reduction announced at e3, but no kinectless model.

But, unless they drop Kinect and get the price to...say, $299, I can't see it changing anything. Maybe if they secured Fallout as an exclusive or something (so won't happen).
---
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
1 year ago#7
How?

all they need to do is drop the Kinect 'spybox' and I'm sure a LOT of people will buy one, I personally know 8 people who've not bought one ONLY because of the Kinect.

..it can't be just us 8, I bet theres many many thousands!
1 year ago#8
Price and Kinect are the two biggest issues. Two skus: with Kinect for $399, without for $349 or less.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
1 year ago#9
If you drop the price too soon you piss off early adapters who are usually your more hardcore fans. That would be mistake too.
1 year ago#10
Dropping the Kinect and dropping it 100$ would probably help push sales. Maybe even throw in a copy of Titanfall.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How can MS turn the Xbox one around

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived