How can MS turn the Xbox one around

#21GondolinRisesPosted 2/20/2014 2:28:21 PM
Sheepinator posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...
If the X1 is selling poorly but also out-pacing the 360, does that mean the 360 was a gigantic failure? I am confused.

Just because X1 has outsold the 360 at launch does not prove there has been greater demand for it. You aren't considering the supply situation. 360 was massively supply constrained in the first 4-5 months, so we'll never know what it could have sold if MS had shipped as many 360's as they did X1's.

Not to mention the foolish nature of console warriors to ignore market share, which ms is losing a lot of.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#22SheepinatorPosted 2/20/2014 2:28:27 PM
beowolf28 posted...
If you drop the price too soon you piss off early adapters who are usually your more hardcore fans. That would be mistake too.

Gift them a free (full priced) digital game, one published by MS, which costs them very little to do.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#23TBONE_OGPosted 2/20/2014 2:28:57 PM
ITT: Xbox One is not selling well since it's not beating PS4.

Ugh...

/facepalm.
---
Always O.G.
#24mokmuudPosted 2/20/2014 2:30:03 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
Well they could just grab it from each side, lift it and turn it a full 360 degrees I think that would be a good way to turn the Xbox One around.

Copy cat lol
;P
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#25SheepinatorPosted 2/20/2014 2:30:23 PM
GondolinRises posted...
Sheepinator posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...
If the X1 is selling poorly but also out-pacing the 360, does that mean the 360 was a gigantic failure? I am confused.

Just because X1 has outsold the 360 at launch does not prove there has been greater demand for it. You aren't considering the supply situation. 360 was massively supply constrained in the first 4-5 months, so we'll never know what it could have sold if MS had shipped as many 360's as they did X1's.

Not to mention the foolish nature of console warriors to ignore market share, which ms is losing a lot of.

They are losing share to Sony, but potentially gaining share from Nintendo. Sony could win this cycle and MS could still see growth compared to 360... Remember Nintendo had about 40% share last time, this time it could be 10%-20%.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#26ILikeGamesManPosted 2/20/2014 2:31:16 PM
Sheepinator posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...

Yeah I am not saying the X1 demand is higher than the 360 or anything, I am just speaking about the terms and numbers themselves. At face value, the X1 is outpacing the 360 and the 360 was never considered a major failure.

The answer to my question is this: People see how much the PS4 is selling and since it is doing so well they just deem everything else a failure. Its like no matter what numbers the X1 hits at this point, they wont be as high as PS4 so its going to be "The X1 is bombing!" forever.
#27Juzten76Posted 2/20/2014 2:31:54 PM
Whatever will they do to reverse the fact that it is their fastest selling console ever? Ask people to sell it back to them I guess. That seems like a bad business decision though. I like it being a success, so turning it around would be bad.
#28mokmuudPosted 2/20/2014 2:34:20 PM
Sheepinator posted...
GondolinRises posted...
Sheepinator posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...

They are losing share to Sony, but potentially gaining share from Nintendo. Sony could win this cycle and MS could still see growth compared to 360... Remember Nintendo had about 40% share last time, this time it could be 10%-20%.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/hard_soft/index.html
Right now Wii U LTD sales are up there with PS4
---
PSN: Mokmuud live gamertag: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#29MasterSword546Posted 2/20/2014 2:35:35 PM
IloveElite posted...
How?

all they need to do is drop the Kinect 'spybox' and I'm sure a LOT of people will buy one, I personally know 8 people who've not bought one ONLY because of the Kinect.

..it can't be just us 8, I bet theres many many thousands!

You can add me to that list.
---
I'm going to marry Taylor Swift one day <3 PSN: Raptix546
3DS FC: 5455-9563-5441 IGN: Alex SV:1238
#30GondolinRisesPosted 2/20/2014 2:37:01 PM
Sheepinator posted...
GondolinRises posted...
Sheepinator posted...
ILikeGamesMan posted...

Not how market share works. Right now Nintendo has lost market share to Sony but wont lose amrket share to MS until MS outsells the wii u. In fact, you could accurately say the wii u has taken market share from the xbone one.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.