How can MS turn the Xbox one around

#51ShadowOfTheKmanPosted 2/20/2014 5:09:36 PM
Redesign the OS like they do every 2 years on the 360 and market it more towards gamers. Also stop with the bad attitude in advertising, that thing about "ditch your PS3" was pretty lame TBH. Also, stop throwing money at companies to make them exclusive, make your own good 1st party titles instead of buying games away from 3rd party companies. All these things like Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, COD map packs for the past 5 or so years, the BF4 second assault crap, and way more too.
---
PSN and Steam ID: Kman2097 | 3DS FC: 5455-9399-6174 Kurtis | Twitter: @ColonelKurtis
My favorite games: Shadow of the Colossus, MediEvil, Red Dead Redemption.
#52synsykoPosted 2/20/2014 5:18:33 PM
aszsith posted...
They shouldn't do anything.

Microsoft spent tons of money changing the system to cater to the fickle whims of the Internet after E3 and that doesn't appear to have boosted sales. Why should they spend more money and take additional losses that may do nothing but simply cost them revenue?

Do you understand why Microsoft changed there mind on DRM policies after they announced them. It is for the same reason PC gamers chastised Ubisoft for there anti PC DRM heavy approach. An approach that only affected paying customers by restricting their usage rights to media they legally obtained. This is the reason Microsoft lost sales, sometimes customers complain about something very vocally and don't back it up (look at the Madden NFL franchise) despite the company not doing anything to change. Other times the customer does vote with their dollar though and a company that made bad decisions in the planning and marketing phases gets punished despite doing the best they can to course correct.

Bottom line Microsoft attempted to push the market towards digital distribution in an inorganic way with really bad policies behind it. The switch to digital distribution is a big change that will take a decade or more to become the standard. Microsoft started off in this new market not navigating it carefully and I fully expected it to bite them in the rear early on. However if they put out an abundance of AAA games that are of high quality they can come back, much like Sony did last gen to come from behind.
---
---Writer at Digispun.com
#53tr1besPosted 2/20/2014 5:25:20 PM
By giving a new pair of sock to Virobot.
#54PraetorXynPosted 2/20/2014 5:29:22 PM
Actually creating first party games instead of buying exclusives would be a good start. It's a pretty dick move to take things away from competitors when you could just create things and add to peoples' enjoyment.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#55181stCommanderPosted 2/20/2014 5:32:31 PM
Rdeal2 posted...
It has sold close to 5 million already so what do they need to turn around?Titanfall will get them quite a few sales but Halo will make sales go through the roof

Lol no, 3.4.
---
Join The Galactic Empire, like the Imperial Fleet facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/theimperialfleet
#56joe_davidPosted 2/20/2014 5:39:56 PM(edited)
Pulp posted...
joe_david posted...
10M = easy. 360 did 10.4 million and Xbone is selling 2.5 times quicker..

Another person that doesn't get math enough to see through the MS spin.

At current rates, based on the 360 trends, the Xbone would be lucky to move 4m more units by the end of 2006.

Current rates?

The only current rate we know is 3.9 million in 5 weeks, if that's a current rate Xbox One should hit 39 million by the end of the year.

If you add the 360s worst selling year (which the Xbone is still way above) which includes 6 months of shortages, RROD and availability in 35 territories we get 12.9 million. Roughly comparable to the 360 at $280-$350

At this stage, there is nothing Microsoft can do to sell less than the 360. They've already tried $499 and banning used games and it hasn't worked.

If they sat out sales until November, there would still be more Xbones in peoples homes than 360s in the same amount of time.
---
god of war 2 is the best game eva
#57PominAusPosted 2/20/2014 5:36:47 PM
EnmaDaio2588 posted...
A few things:

Exclusives that are truly exclusive

Revive more original XBox exclusives

Kinect-Free model at a lower price

Lower hardware price in general

Sharper focus on games in general

If that doesn't help then Microsoft can always ax the gaming division and sell off their properties to the highest bidders. They can let other devs and publishers make games without the attached shame of doing business with game players.

Whilst I agree with most of what you've stated, I think a Kinect free model is a bad idea. Whilst I can appreciate that there are people hoping for a Kinectless SKU, it is currently the only thing differentiating Xbox from Ps4 . Without Kinect, Xbox One is the same as a PS4 only less powerful.
---
Xbox Live GT 360/One: Jaydeekay86
#58DarthVashtiPosted 2/20/2014 5:42:26 PM
Microsoft could turn the Xbox One around by selling it all to Amazon.
#59SetzeraPosted 2/20/2014 5:43:10 PM
Better games.

Lower price.

A time machine to erase their terrible floppy PR leading up to launch.

Give me one for free, without the Kinect.

Better hardware, although they'd have to replace all the existing ones so they don't tick off 3 million people.

Sounds about right.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Ultra PSU | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
#60shauntenninePosted 2/20/2014 5:49:21 PM
MasterSword546 posted...
IloveElite posted...
How?

all they need to do is drop the Kinect 'spybox' and I'm sure a LOT of people will buy one, I personally know 8 people who've not bought one ONLY because of the Kinect.

..it can't be just us 8, I bet theres many many thousands!

You can add me to that list.

Yup, I'd own one too if it weren't for the NSA spy tech.