So I just realized that Titanfall is just "Lost Planet: Modern Warfare"

#21Aarkshark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 7:05:34 PM
Hidan623 posted...
running up walls and grapple hooks are 2 totally different things

...Not really. You go up a wall. You can go sideways. You can jump off of walls.

and with your logic you are basically saying EVERY FPS in creation are similar

...No I'm not. I'm comparing it to a TPS.

so in my opinion you might just want to stop playing FPS

Way ahead of you.

and also with that note you might want to stop playing GAMES because their all GAMES omg who would have thought a game is just a copy of a game well since it's a game and i already have a game i might as well not play it -_-.......games within the same genre are supposed to be somewhat similar otherwise they wouldnt be classified in the same genre and we would have a new genre every time a game is made....if it's an fps it plays similar to other fps if it's an rpg it plays similar to other rpg gonna have to learn to deal with similarity dude

...Oh. Wait. Now I get it. You're trying to straw-man my entire argument.

Oh. Wait. That's all the last few posts have been doing.

Anyone actually want to refute my observations, or am I just gonna start preparing my victory pose now?
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#22Orange_ApplesPosted 2/20/2014 7:10:09 PM
meh, all games are Pong when you boil them down.
#23Aarkshark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 7:11:56 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
meh, all games are Pong when you boil them down.

I was going to say that that was a bit of a stretch, and then I remembered that Pong was competitive multiplayer.

So, yes. Titanfall is Pong.
---
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#24Hidan623Posted 2/20/2014 7:12:39 PM
Aarkshark posted...
Hidan623 posted...
running up walls and grapple hooks are 2 totally different things

...Not really. You go up a wall. You can go sideways. You can jump off of walls.

and with your logic you are basically saying EVERY FPS in creation are similar

...No I'm not. I'm comparing it to a TPS.

so in my opinion you might just want to stop playing FPS

Way ahead of you.

and also with that note you might want to stop playing GAMES because their all GAMES omg who would have thought a game is just a copy of a game well since it's a game and i already have a game i might as well not play it -_-.......games within the same genre are supposed to be somewhat similar otherwise they wouldnt be classified in the same genre and we would have a new genre every time a game is made....if it's an fps it plays similar to other fps if it's an rpg it plays similar to other rpg gonna have to learn to deal with similarity dude

...Oh. Wait. Now I get it. You're trying to straw-man my entire argument.

Oh. Wait. That's all the last few posts have been doing.

Anyone actually want to refute my observations, or am I just gonna start preparing my victory pose now?

sooo running up a wall and having to jump from wall to wall is the same as a grappling hook simply pulling you up?? IDK were you got that comparison from.....
And if you're going to stop playing FPS why are you even posting about this game -_-

and victory pose for what??? o.O it's not like anyone else is worried about if you think the game is similar to 2 games that are totally different from each other....lost planet and MW are 2 totally different games so why would anyone be comparing them in a game together their not even in the same genre
#25ElPolloDiablo87Posted 2/20/2014 7:14:21 PM
I love when people start throwing out accusations of straw man arguments. If you don't want a straw man, don't use such horribly flawed logic.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#26DxZ99Posted 2/20/2014 7:15:00 PM
Titanfall is just the NA Gundam
---
''I couldn't help but notice your pain!''
''It runs deep, share it with me!''
#27Aarkshark(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 7:21:05 PM
Hidan623 posted...
sooo running up a wall and having to jump from wall to wall is the same as a grappling hook simply pulling you up?? IDK were you got that comparison from.....

Climbing is climbing. The only thing different between the methods is difficulty, time, and the animation.

And if you're going to stop playing FPS why are you even posting about this game -_-

What's the world coming to when people can discuss things on a discussion forum?

and victory pose for what???

My victory. Duh.

ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
I love when people start throwing out accusations of straw man arguments. If you don't want a straw man, don't use such horribly flawed logic.

...Still don't have an actual rebuttal, huh?
It's okay. Take your time.
---
#28ElPolloDiablo87Posted 2/20/2014 7:22:39 PM
Aarkshark posted...
<ElPolloDiablo87 posted...

...Still don't have an actual rebuttal, huh?
It's okay. Take your time.

What about anything you said actually requires a rebuttal? Do you honestly think anyone but you actually believes that Titanfall and Lost Planet are even remotely similar games?
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#29DojoMaxPosted 2/20/2014 7:22:51 PM
Aarkshark posted...
Seriously.

Giant Mechs. Jetpacks. Grappling Hooks(?). And now they're talking about aggressive creatures being on some maps?

Slap on some LED's on top of everything, drop some snow everywhere, pull the camera back and you've got Lost Planet.

You're an .....
---
stop trollin
#30SunDevil77Posted 2/20/2014 7:23:06 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...

It also has pilots. How could they just rip off Top Gun like that?

Tom Cruise DLC? Take my damn money!
---
My teeth are swords, my claws are spears, my wings are a hurricane!
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539