One more T.V question

#1Dev445Posted 2/20/2014 8:59:49 PM
I just ordered my Disney WOW disc to calibrate my T.V. I gotta wait till monday but I wanted to know for the Xbox One should I have the picture size set to 16:9 or screen fit?
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
GT: ThatBoyNice247
#2BeefEasterPosted 2/20/2014 9:04:41 PM
screen fit
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#3Reflex-ArcPosted 2/20/2014 9:08:27 PM(edited)
Screen fit. It allows for 1:1 pixel mapping. That is the ideal setting. Also, you'll want to let your display break in for a bit before you get the best PQ. I'm not saying to hold off on an initial calibration, but just be aware of the fact that you'll want to recalibrate after you get a few hundred hours on it.

Most of all, enjoy. :)
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#4Lerp85Posted 2/20/2014 9:12:49 PM
I am a bit ignorant about tvs and what not, so could some one enlighten me about what you are talking about? Did not know you had to calibrate a tv.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#5Reflex-ArcPosted 2/20/2014 9:26:39 PM(edited)
Lerp,

The first thing I'm going to recommend is, if the picture you are seeing on your display is acceptable to you, is to disregard this thread and anything else you are about to read. It will save you hours of obsession over minutiae that drive many of us nuts.

Second, if you've chosen to read further, google "HDTV calibration" and/or "Imaging Science Foundation" and/or "THX Calibration". Be forewarned that you are about to open a can of worms that may A) cost you hundreds of dollars,, or B) cause you many hours of obsession about how to "get things right".

In a nutshell, if you're happy with your TV right now, disregard this thread and any other thread like it entirely. You eyes are the only things that really matter.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#6Lerp85Posted 2/20/2014 9:27:19 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Lerp,

The first thing I'm going to recommend is, if the picture you are seeing on your display is acceptable to you, is to disregard this thread and anything else you are about to read. It will save you hours of obsession over minutiae that drive many of us nuts.

Second, if you've chosen to read further, google "HDTV calibration" and/or "Imaging Science Foundation" and/or "THX Calibration". Be forewarned that you are about to open a can of worms that may A) cost you hundreds of dollars,, or B) cause you many hours of obsession about how to "get things right".

In a nutshell, if you're happy with your TV right now, disregard this thread and any other thread like it entirely. You eyes are the only things that really matter.

Ok, thought there was something I was missing, but things are fine so I will just let it be. Thanks. LOL
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.