I know PS4 is more powerful but is it that big deference than XBO?

#1SuperSuikodenPosted 2/21/2014 12:09:10 AM
Is it like PS3 and 360, or much more?
---
1 line break(s), 160 characters allowed
#2SandyClaws014Posted 2/21/2014 12:14:57 AM
It's 50 percent stronger. Fact.
---
PSN: CrystalNesh
#3Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/21/2014 12:15:35 AM
More.

Roughly 50% more GPU which translates into 30% more pixel pushing. Also the higher RAM bandwidth.

Digital Foundry has good breakdown articles on this sort of thing.

http://www.eurogamer.net/?topic=digital_foundry
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#4Maverick_ReznorPosted 2/21/2014 12:23:25 AM
Valor_Phoenix posted...
More.

Roughly 50% more GPU which translates into 30% more pixel pushing. Also the higher RAM bandwidth.

Digital Foundry has good breakdown articles on this sort of thing.

http://www.eurogamer.net/?topic=digital_foundry

Eh, I wouldnt use Digital Foundry as a source when it comes to sony vs anything.
but the gpu is indeed 50% more powerful than the X1's has a higher clock speed which narrows the gap a bit, but in the end 10% of that power is reserved for the kinect which prolly brings it back to that ps4 being 50% more powerful GPU wise.

Either way you wont notice a huge margin of difference at all between games. So no the difference in power isnt much and people should let exclusives decide which system they wan't. Both consoles have some great exclusive lineups.
---
Currently Playing : Bravely Default and Darks Souls
Looking Forward To: Destiny, DKC:TF, MK8, I:SS, ESO,and The Order 1886
#5JoeSkeletorPosted 2/21/2014 12:24:56 AM
From my experience xb1 features archaic load times base on dr3 and rome. Xb1 install system is slower than ps3 for christ sakes. Xb1 UI is slower than PS4s it seem all next gen ports will run better on ps4 as it features better hardware. In my experience its a big difference and for these reasons i sold my xb1 now most will call me a pony but fact is why settle for sub par hardware.
---
PSN: Irskeletor / I recently dropped dead weight to all my live and wiiU friends you just gotta realise a sinking ship.
#6THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 2/21/2014 12:36:21 AM
I'm just glad that this gen people are now suddenly no longer caring about multiplats differences.

Cause last gen it was such a big issue.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#7sjc1279Posted 2/21/2014 12:39:08 AM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
I'm just glad that this gen people are now suddenly no longer caring about multiplats differences.

Cause last gen it was such a big issue.

Everyone already know that ps4 version is better than X1 so there's nothing more to discuss.
---
PS4 1TB
PS Vita 16GB
#8Maverick_ReznorPosted 2/21/2014 12:47:26 AM
joeskeletor posted...
From my experience xb1 features archaic load times base on dr3 and rome. Xb1 install system is slower than ps3 for christ sakes. Xb1 UI is slower than PS4s it seem all next gen ports will run better on ps4 as it features better hardware. In my experience its a big difference and for these reasons i sold my xb1 now most will call me a pony but fact is why settle for sub par hardware.

the xbox one ui is faster than the ps4 and i have both consoles. i will give you that installations take to damn long.
---
Currently Playing : Bravely Default and Darks Souls
Looking Forward To: Destiny, DKC:TF, MK8, I:SS, ESO,and The Order 1886
#9dclownprincePosted 2/21/2014 12:50:32 AM
Wow..ask a simple question and the nerds trip over each other to explain in nerd talk. Fact 80% don't know what half of what you guys are talking about the other 10% dont care
---
Move or get moved on
#10JoeSkeletorPosted 2/21/2014 1:03:35 AM
Maverick_Reznor posted...
joeskeletor posted...

the xbox one ui is faster than the ps4 and i have both consoles. i will give you that installations take to damn long.

PS4 features instant program swapping on its UI xb1 has to load going to the PS store takes no liad times xb1 does launching ps4 music or video is instant xb1 not so soUI is noticably slower specialy if you wanna use yor xb1 as a cable box which is slower than real cable boxes.
---
PSN: Irskeletor / I recently dropped dead weight to all my live and wiiU friends you just gotta realise a sinking ship.