The Xbox One has the only next gen game so far

#21MRL3G3NDPosted 2/21/2014 7:46:44 AM
...stopped reading when he said "car nut"

You absolutely have to be a gear head to enjoy that game.
I've owned all of the forzas because they were fun, you got rewarded different things for winning, and there were enough cars to buy SELL and gift to the community...for you to do anything.

I used to race, receive a car I didn't like too much...take it to the paint shop get creative and sell it online...they took this completely out

Now what remains is an endless boring ass grind...that only car nuts can appreciate... and if you don't like the grind...pony up more money and they'll make it less painful...

I quit playing at level 37...because it got extremely boring...that coupled with the fact the Xbox One does NOT have custom soundtrack (WTF MS?)...I couldn't bare to do another race with that boring ass orchestra music...

IMHO
---
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA
#22chrish909Posted 2/21/2014 9:02:56 AM
1nternationa7 posted...
Darkside_Shadow posted...
And it is Forza 5, and yes I own a Ps4 also.

I am a car nut. And I have played all Forza, GranTurismo, F1, Nascar game out there on console.
Forza 5 is amazing. The physics on simulation settings is bar none.
The tracks are finally a representation of real life tracks. With pot holes, rough surface etc.

It is the only game imo that has moved any boundaries from last gen.
They may be subtle for the normal person. But they are next gen.

You are completely wrong. You are only saying this game is next gen because you noticed the subtle difference between this game and all its predecessors. You fail to notice that other games such as Killzone who also made subtle differences in their formula that completely changed up their game (ex: the functions of the OWL).

Next gen is just what you perceive it to be. Don't expect everyone to share your view just because you noticed incremental change.

If killzone was next gen it wouldnt have gotten 6s and 7s.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#23RyzekiPosted 2/21/2014 9:18:22 AM
lunaticcore posted...
I personally don't see how Dead Rising 3 isn't next gen. They just could not pull it off without some major downgrades and problems with the persistent world, lack of area loading and floods of zombies. Game looks great and is a huge upgrade in tech on the last gen version.

That is precisely what they would have to change. The lack of area loading. Older systems would have to have mandatory loading areas and less scope/number of enemies on screen. It is one of the advantages of more resources, to do what you could do before, but better/more convenient.
---
Core i7 4700MQ | | 16GB DDR3L || 128GB SSD + 1TB || GTX780M OC
#24Shik_stickPosted 2/21/2014 9:38:36 AM
chrish909 posted...
1nternationa7 posted...

I am a car nut. And I have played all Forza, GranTurismo, F1, Nascar game out there on console.
The tracks are finally a representation of real life tracks. With pot holes, rough surface etc.

You are completely wrong. You are only saying this game is next gen because you noticed the subtle difference between this game and all its predecessors. You fail to notice that other games such as Killzone who also made subtle differences in their formula that completely changed up their game (ex: the functions of the OWL).

Next gen is just what you perceive it to be. Don't expect everyone to share your view just because you noticed incremental change.

well by that logic then Resogun is the most NEXT GEN game so far as it has had highest reviews of all launch titles...

Or wait a minute...it was Tomb Raider: DE right? scoring all 9s and up?

And for the record, Tomb Raider on the PS4 is the best looking next gen game so far, hands down. Then KZ and Ryse after that..
---
Teach me about bozongas!-Jude Mathis
Best game of 2013 , The Last of Us. Sony is on point!
#25DarthUchiha91Posted 2/21/2014 10:06:29 AM
Shik_stick posted...
chrish909 posted...
1nternationa7 posted...

well by that logic then Resogun is the most NEXT GEN game so far as it has had highest reviews of all launch titles...

Or wait a minute...it was Tomb Raider: DE right? scoring all 9s and up?

And for the record, Tomb Raider on the PS4 is the best looking next gen game so far, hands down. Then KZ and Ryse after that..

uhh...noo!! Look at FF7 and Resident evil 4. Them ratings man! Totally, next gen!!
---
The best thing about being a schizophrenic is that I don't have to eat lunch alone- DarthUchiha91
#26Bladez_89Posted 2/21/2014 10:09:14 AM
ZEROthefirst posted...
Forza 5 is a joke, aside from pretty visuals (which are very easily done in racing games) the lack of more realistic physics and vast amount of missing content from the previous game it's laughable. Forza 4's physics were a little better than 5, and 5 here feels more arcade when it's supposed to be a "Racing Sim." If Forza 5 is supposed to represent a true next gen game then I think this generation is already screwed.

Physics are better in 4?

Have you even played 5. Or have you, but have all the assists on ;).
---
Gamertag: B1ADE5
#27Darkside_Shadow(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 10:12:52 AM
ZEROthefirst posted...
Forza 5 is a joke, aside from pretty visuals (which are very easily done in racing games) the lack of more realistic physics and vast amount of missing content from the previous game it's laughable. Forza 4's physics were a little better than 5, and 5 here feels more arcade when it's supposed to be a "Racing Sim." If Forza 5 is supposed to represent a true next gen game then I think this generation is already screwed.

Lmao! Settings my friend, settings...
Dear lord I wonder how many people like this make up their mind about a game without even trying.
Sad.