Got an Xbox One on eBay...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Got an Xbox One on eBay...
1 year ago#1
So I wanted to finally get an Xbox One. I couldn't get one in November because I moved and they shipped it to my old address and wouldn't change the address. Then I had some financial issues and couldn't afford it for awhile.

I checked eBay for some prices and some people are selling just the Xbox One console (no cables, no Kinect) for $300 or so. A few new ones were posted at $270, and I snagged one. It's set to be delivered Tuesday. So I need a controller and power supply. For the controller I traded a few old PS1, PS2, and Xbox 360 games to eStarland and got enough credit to get a controller for free. For the power supply, I'm about to order one on eBay for $23.

Yes I won't get Kinect, which sucks, but I could always add it at another time. i just hope the system is truly new and works fine. At least PayPal has my back in case I need to return it.

So what do you think? $270 for the console, a free controller, and the power supply (third party) for $23 = $293. Worth it?
1 year ago#2
Can you set up the X1 without Kinect? I know when I got mine you have to set it up and everything. I was just wondering if Microsoft would make you have the Kinect to set it up just to make sure the Kinect is used.
---
Gamer Tag: GATOR EAGLE
1 year ago#3
I hope you can set it up without Kinect. Don't scare me man! :)
1 year ago#4
Not worth it. Sounds rediculous.

Technically, you barely saved anything.
1 year ago#5
My kinect has yet to leave the box so it's not needed for set up.
---
Gamertag:OptimushedPrune
People say I'm indecisive........but me I'm not so sure
1 year ago#6
bias2000 posted...
My kinect has yet to leave the box so it's not needed for set up.

Cool. I was just wondering since Microsoft sent a Kinect with all if they made it necessary for set up.
---
Gamer Tag: GATOR EAGLE
1 year ago#7
why do so many ppl sell these w/o plugs or controllers? they stolen or something?
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
1 year ago#8
Mindwipe77 posted...
why do so many ppl sell these w/o plugs or controllers? they stolen or something?

Definitely the feeling I get.
---
"If anyone else can just feel theirs and let me know if it is normal I would really appriciate it."-mrbakasan
1 year ago#9
Mindwipe77 posted...

Sell separately.

You can get much more than they're worth packaged together, plus ebayers tend to upscam the Shipping/handling, so they make a few extra bucks.

To the person who said "barely", It's over 40% cheaper you dufus, that's... well, almost the same difference as the ps4:Xbone power difference.
1 year ago#10
Mindwipe77 posted...

Selling the parts can often give you a better price total than selling it as a package.
Especially seeing as how the xbox isn't exactly hard to get at this point.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Got an Xbox One on eBay...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived