Got an Xbox One on eBay...

#1LoudawgPosted 2/21/2014 9:44:51 AM
So I wanted to finally get an Xbox One. I couldn't get one in November because I moved and they shipped it to my old address and wouldn't change the address. Then I had some financial issues and couldn't afford it for awhile.

I checked eBay for some prices and some people are selling just the Xbox One console (no cables, no Kinect) for $300 or so. A few new ones were posted at $270, and I snagged one. It's set to be delivered Tuesday. So I need a controller and power supply. For the controller I traded a few old PS1, PS2, and Xbox 360 games to eStarland and got enough credit to get a controller for free. For the power supply, I'm about to order one on eBay for $23.

Yes I won't get Kinect, which sucks, but I could always add it at another time. i just hope the system is truly new and works fine. At least PayPal has my back in case I need to return it.

So what do you think? $270 for the console, a free controller, and the power supply (third party) for $23 = $293. Worth it?
#2spurrierzookPosted 2/21/2014 9:46:42 AM
Can you set up the X1 without Kinect? I know when I got mine you have to set it up and everything. I was just wondering if Microsoft would make you have the Kinect to set it up just to make sure the Kinect is used.
---
Gamer Tag: GATOR EAGLE
#3Loudawg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 9:52:12 AM
I hope you can set it up without Kinect. Don't scare me man! :)
#4SexyRemasterPosted 2/21/2014 9:54:15 AM
Not worth it. Sounds rediculous.

Technically, you barely saved anything.
#5bias2000Posted 2/21/2014 9:54:32 AM
My kinect has yet to leave the box so it's not needed for set up.
---
Gamertag:OptimushedPrune
People say I'm indecisive........but me I'm not so sure
#6spurrierzookPosted 2/21/2014 10:13:11 AM
bias2000 posted...
My kinect has yet to leave the box so it's not needed for set up.

Cool. I was just wondering since Microsoft sent a Kinect with all if they made it necessary for set up.
---
Gamer Tag: GATOR EAGLE
#7Mindwipe77Posted 2/21/2014 10:18:51 AM
why do so many ppl sell these w/o plugs or controllers? they stolen or something?
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
"All the significant breakthroughs were breaks with old ways of thinking."
#8Shadow_ZujedPosted 2/21/2014 10:27:44 AM
Mindwipe77 posted...
why do so many ppl sell these w/o plugs or controllers? they stolen or something?

Definitely the feeling I get.
---
"If anyone else can just feel theirs and let me know if it is normal I would really appriciate it."-mrbakasan
#9AzaneAzerPosted 2/21/2014 10:30:14 AM(edited)
Mindwipe77 posted...

Sell separately.

You can get much more than they're worth packaged together, plus ebayers tend to upscam the Shipping/handling, so they make a few extra bucks.

To the person who said "barely", It's over 40% cheaper you dufus, that's... well, almost the same difference as the ps4:Xbone power difference.
#10SoulTrapperPosted 2/21/2014 10:30:29 AM
Mindwipe77 posted...

Selling the parts can often give you a better price total than selling it as a package.
Especially seeing as how the xbox isn't exactly hard to get at this point.