Got an Xbox One on eBay...

#11Shadow_ZujedPosted 2/21/2014 9:32:30 AM
Loudawg posted...

So what do you think? $270 for the console, a free controller, and the power supply (third party) for $23 = $293. Worth it?

Not worth it. You barely saved anything. You spent $300 on a console and the controller wasn't "free" regardless of whatever the store you traded in at told you. They don't give out free stuff. You traded in stuff to them that more than covered the cost of the $60 controller.

So really you "saved" about $140 on your One but since you are planning on getting the kinect later on you will be right back to square one. And you don't even know if this one is stolen or functions properly. Should have just not been cheap and bought the system.

If $500 is too much to you, then $300+$60"free controller" is too much for you too.
---
"If anyone else can just feel theirs and let me know if it is normal I would really appriciate it."-mrbakasan
#12RS_YELARAKAPosted 2/21/2014 9:33:19 AM
If I'm spending hundreds of dollars on something I want a warranty. I'll buy new at full price w/warranty and save the thought of it breaking down on me and having to pay to fix it. Got a 3 year warranty on my XB1.
---
GT - YELARAKA/RokSteadE (Member of RS Squad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Te7qOd5Go
#13Loudawg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 10:15:12 AM
I got free shipping on the $270 console. I hope it's not stolen. No idea where they are getting them. Just figured this was a good way to finally get an Xbox One in time for Titanfall while not breaking the bank.

You can also get a brand new Xbox One in box for $499.99 shipped with no tax on eBay.
#14Killah PriestPosted 2/21/2014 10:19:43 AM
I've been trying to sell my unopened xbox one for months for 400 with 0 takers.

300 seems to be what people are willing to pay.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#15AzaneAzerPosted 2/21/2014 10:21:32 AM(edited)
Shadow_Zujed posted...
Loudawg posted...

So what do you think? $270 for the console, a free controller, and the power supply (third party) for $23 = $293. Worth it?

Not worth it. You barely saved anything. You spent $300 on a console and the controller wasn't "free" regardless of whatever the store you traded in at told you. They don't give out free stuff. You traded in stuff to them that more than covered the cost of the $60 controller.

So really you "saved" about $140 on your One but since you are planning on getting the kinect later on you will be right back to square one. And you don't even know if this one is stolen or functions properly. Should have just not been cheap and bought the system.

If $500 is too much to you, then $300+$60"free controller" is too much for you too.

Ya, I really don't think 300 Dollars instead of 500 is a big difference, I mean, 40% has always been "just a little bit"

Like, in Football when someone gets to the 40 yard line, the ref says "Meh, close enough, touch down"
#16Shadow_ZujedPosted 2/21/2014 11:05:48 AM
Quote:Shadow_Zujed posted...
Loudawg posted...

Ya, I really don't think 300 Dollars instead of 500 is a big difference, I mean, 40% has always been "just a little bit"

Like, in Football when someone gets to the 40 yard line, the ref says "Meh, close enough, touch down"

@AzaneAzer

Wow. Possibly the worst analogy I've see on this board.

If you are too poor to afford a $500 machine you are too poor to afford $360.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.11
#17Loudawg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 11:51:42 AM
New Xbox One console: $270
New Controller: 0 (got free with trade of some PS1/PS2 games that weren't selling on eBay)
Power Supply: $24
Total: $294 real cash, $350 if you don't count the trades

Also comes with a month of Gold. I don't get Kinect, but I don't really care right now. If there was a $399 bundle without Kinect, I'd probably get it.

Versus

New with Kinect on eBay: $499.99
New with Kinect at the store plus tax: $530

Now if it's stolen or doesn't work, that's another story. But on paper, I'm a champion.
#18Loudawg(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 11:59:05 AM
Here's what I traded to get the controller new. I generally collect retro games but do sell on eBay as well (doubles, games I want to get rid of, etc). Some weren't selling on eBay so I traded them for a new Xbox One controller and have some extra credit left over in case I'm going to pick up Metal Gear Ground Zeroes in March.

Genesis:

Shining in the Darkness
Valis 3 (no manual)

PS1:
Micro Machines V3
Ridge Racer
Viewpoint
Courier Crisis

PS2:
Sega Classics Collection

Xbox:
Tecmo Classic Arcade