Has Microsoft purposely omitted game resolutions on Xbox One cases?

#1SoulTrapperPosted 2/21/2014 10:22:40 AM
http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/02/21/has-microsoft-purposely-omitted-game-resolutions-on-xbox-one-cases

It seems that Microsoft has opted not to showcase their resolutions anymore, most likely due to the increased focus on resolution by both media and consumers. Their games would now obviously be listed at 720p instead of 1080p (for ones that actually run on that resolution).

That's pretty interesting.

What reason do you think they have for not listing the resolution anymore?

Is it because of the media attention or is this a choice based on some other reason?
#2ejay8320Posted 2/21/2014 10:23:55 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/02/21/has-microsoft-purposely-omitted-game-resolutions-on-xbox-one-cases

It seems that Microsoft has opted not to showcase their resolutions anymore, most likely due to the increased focus on resolution by both media and consumers. Their games would now obviously be listed at 720p instead of 1080p (for ones that actually run on that resolution).

Is it because of the media attention or is this a choice based on some other reason?

Lol you know the reason, no need to rub it in though.
#3SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2014 10:28:45 AM
ejay8320 posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

Lol you know the reason, no need to rub it in though.

I'm just curious to know if there are other reasons as to why MS would suddenly make this change.

Also, spinning things is something a lot of people here love doing and I enjoy watching the mental gymnastics that happen in the process.
#4AzaneAzerPosted 2/21/2014 10:32:19 AM(edited)
Much like Cigarettes never stated that they killed you until forced to by law, hiding the negatives is a normal business move.

But ya, I can't wait to see the xbot defense force say "WASTING SPACE FOR RESOLUTION IS STUPID"
#5AceAndJunpeiPosted 2/21/2014 10:33:35 AM
I don't see why they'd take them out considering the system up scales them to 1080p anyways.
---
Now Playing: Dead Space 2 (PS3), SM3DW (WiiU), Pikmin 3 (WiiU), Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) Soon: Bravely Default (3DS)
#6RyzekiPosted 2/21/2014 10:33:44 AM
The resolution on the case is not what the game renders at, but the supported resolution for the TV. Since the machine supports upscaling/downscaling to any HDTV current standard, it makes no difference what it says.

Even older consoles used to say 720p/1080p yet they rendered at sub 720p anyways.

They could include actual rendered resolution, but the media would eat them alive. Uninformed customers would just see numbers, won't understand that the 720p game will work on their 1080p tv and hurt overall sales.
---
Core i7 4700MQ | | 16GB DDR3L || 128GB SSD + 1TB || GTX780M OC
#7DelRowePosted 2/21/2014 10:38:50 AM
AceAndJunpei posted...
I don't see why they'd take them out considering the system up scales them to 1080p anyways.

Lol.
---
You are not in control.
#8SigmaLongshotPosted 2/21/2014 10:41:15 AM
I'd say this is getting sad, but "sad" was a good month ago. Now we're talking self-imposed, repetitive misery strain.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#9Troll_DirectoryPosted 2/21/2014 10:43:38 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
because it's much easier to change the resolution after release, than to change the printed packaging.
#10kennyynnooPosted 2/21/2014 10:46:47 AM
People actually looked at that anyways? So and so game got a 10/10, let me check the back.....Ohhhhh only 720p, I'm not buying the greatest game ever now.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30