Has Microsoft purposely omitted game resolutions on Xbox One cases?

#71krystylaPosted 2/21/2014 4:23:03 PM
TrustNoOneButMe posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
I'd say this is getting sad, but "sad" was a good month ago. Now we're talking self-imposed, repetitive misery strain.

I am going to assume that you are referring to the woe of "Yet another topic about the inferior resolution abilities of the X1 when compared to the PS4 on GameFAQS."

This is very different though and adds a disturbing new wrinkle to the issue though. This topic shows that not only is Microsoft well aware of the issue, but their choice of action is to try and HIDE that information from potential customers.

Now THAT truly is sad.

According to that logic Sony is hiding it on BF4 and was hiding it on CoD: Ghosts and AC4
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB
#72RaRitsujunPosted 2/21/2014 4:24:54 PM
Muryo posted...
Wha? MS got caught using sneaky business practices and lying again?

Why am I not surprised?

Expect more to come.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#73Apex-PlayerPosted 2/21/2014 4:28:45 PM
Laylow12 posted...

You just said what we've all been thinking! 1080p HDTVs are commonplace making the 720p resolution on graphic intensive games on the XBOX ONE all the more insulting. Why do they charge more money for a console that does less? That's not good business.

It's actually the best kind of business.

Making consumers pay more for something they can find better/cheaper elsewhere is the best way to make money.

This isn't a fan service, they are in it to bleed money out of anyone who will let them.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#74MuryoPosted 2/21/2014 6:47:32 PM
RaRitsujun posted...
Muryo posted...

Why am I not surprised?

Expect more to come.

Oh my.
---
Miiverse: Muryoken
PSN: Muryoken
#75Laylow12Posted 2/21/2014 9:17:20 PM
Apex-Player posted...
Laylow12 posted...

You just said what we've all been thinking! 1080p HDTVs are commonplace making the 720p resolution on graphic intensive games on the XBOX ONE all the more insulting. Why do they charge more money for a console that does less? That's not good business.

It's actually the best kind of business.

Making consumers pay more for something they can find better/cheaper elsewhere is the best way to make money.

This isn't a fan service, they are in it to bleed money out of anyone who will let them.

Gotcha, that's what I was thinking too...

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#76DerekRossPosted 2/21/2014 11:32:44 PM
over delivering value w/XO
---
3DS FC: 1993-8424-2536 IGN:David TSV1409
BW2: 1464 9331 0271
#77Spetsnaz420Posted 2/21/2014 11:49:18 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
SoulTrapper posted...
What reason do you think they have for not listing the resolution anymore?
because it's much easier to change the resolution after release, than to change the printed packaging.

Actually that'sa really great point...

But would expect games to all be listed as 1080p because of upscaling
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#78SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 3:02:17 AM
RaRitsujun posted...
Muryo posted...

Why am I not surprised?

Expect more to come.

The release of the new console at a lower price should offer quite some entertainment.
#79BigBOO2UPosted 2/23/2014 3:13:24 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
BigBOO2U posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
I'd say this is getting sad, but "sad" was a good month ago. Now we're talking self-imposed, repetitive misery strain.

A study finds that it's a religion to these guys "trollology"

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

I've now seen you, Chrish909, ILikeGamesMan and SigmaLongshot allude to this exact same article. What does that article say about the psychopathy of people who create multiple alt accounts to have conversations and agree with theirself?

It's "Themselves", not "theirself".

You should really know your English well before you make a grammatical correction post...and then end up with egg on your face.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theirself
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/theirselves

Although non-standard, "theirself" can indeed be used in place of "themselves"... and has existed as a word in modern English for close to 700 years.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.
#80BigBOO2UPosted 2/23/2014 3:23:50 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
BigBOO2U posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...

A study finds that it's a religion to these guys "trollology"

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/climate_desk/2014/02/internet_troll_personality_study_machiavellianism_narcissism_psychopathy.html

I've now seen you, Chrish909, ILikeGamesMan and SigmaLongshot allude to this exact same article. What does that article say about the psychopathy of people who create multiple alt accounts to have conversations and agree with theirself?

They assume that if a person has a similar or likeminded opinion or stance, they're "all the same".

Another awesome post by Sigma.

Silly me.

I forgot to include Exodus_Prime in that list.

And something that has been proven time and again is not a "generalization", no matter how you want to try and spin it. When you create so many alt accounts, you begin to lose track of your different personalities and which account said what, lol.
---
Duck Dynasty - The epicenter of ignorance and hate in America. And bad grooming habits.