Which device will developers create content* for? Sony's VR headset or Kinect?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which device will developers create content* for? Sony's VR headset or Kinect?
1 year ago#1
Who will win? - Results (120 votes)
Sony's VR headset
70% (84 votes)
Microsoft's Kinect
30% (36 votes)
This poll is now closed.
*Actual content, not some "learn forward and your character will duck" kind of stuff. Like a full-fledged games like Sword Art Online type.
1 year ago#2
Kinect. It comes with every system, so it has a guaranteed install base. A Playstation VR headset will likely be an expensive peripheral that will end up being pretty niche.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
1 year ago#3
It will need more hardware performance so natuarally the ps4 will be the choice of developers.
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
1 year ago#4
bessy67 posted...
Kinect. It comes with every system, so it has a guaranteed install base. A Playstation VR headset will likely be an expensive peripheral that will end up being pretty niche.

Funny how, with a guaranteed install base, one of the Xbox One's biggest title doesn't utilize the Kinect. At all.
1 year ago#5
Neither. They will continue to design for controllers or touchpads (though that's mostly for smartphones/tablets).
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
1 year ago#6
I didn't know the PS4 came with a VR headset in the box. Is this a new thing or has one always been included?
1 year ago#7
HiddenRoar posted...
bessy67 posted...

Funny how, with a guaranteed install base, one of the Xbox One's biggest title doesn't utilize the Kinect. At all.

What's your point? You asked which will get more dev support. Most likely it will be the one that has more units in the hands of consumers. Just because some games don't use kinect doesn't mean others won't.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
1 year ago#8
Actual, tailored content? I think it will be rare on both, neither will have an edge. VR is newer and more exciting though, so just one or two really great titles could make it seem like it's better supported. Sadly, I'm not holding my breath. Kinect still has so much untapped potential for stealth, horror, RPG, strategy and especially adventure games, and in theory it should be cheaper and easier than proper VR implementation, yet nothing is really attempted except sports/dance. Kinda s*****. But Sony might be willing to push it themselves, they already push more core games than MS...

tl;dr uh... *shrug*
---
''ALL games should at least have single player. I can always guarantee I want to play when I turn on my system. I can't guarantee others will.'' -aszsith
1 year ago#9
HiddenRoar posted...
bessy67 posted...

you realize the console has only been out for 3 months right? also i have forza and dead rising and both use the kinect
---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
1 year ago#10
Combine them and you will get something great.
One problem with Kinect is that you can't simulate turning that well since you must be looking at one screen the entire time with a VR you can simulate a 3d environment since the person is no longer limited to one screen. As for VR headset, I really don't see how immersive it can be since at the end of the day you are still pushing buttons, maybe if you did something like Steel Battalion where you have tons of buttons on a controller.
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Which device will developers create content* for? Sony's VR headset or Kinect?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived