Discs not reading exactly the first time? Is this a thing?

#1quigonzelPosted 2/21/2014 7:32:12 PM
Put a Blu-Ray in to watch and it took it about 8 tries to work.

Put in various Blu-Ray discs and they worked the first time. Put FIFA in, it took it 2 tries.
#2snowboard340Posted 2/21/2014 7:34:38 PM
Try a hard reset of your console.

If that doesn't change anything, try uninstalling and re-installing the blu-ray app.
#3extankerPosted 2/24/2014 2:17:15 PM
If it's just blu-rays causing it, it is probably just the player app. If it's all discs, it might be the drive. I was having the same problem and MS is sending me a replacement console. To their credit, I was on the phone for less than 20 minutes and I was done. I've had really good experiences with their customer service department.
#4xiTz_RyaNxPosted 2/24/2014 2:23:28 PM
extanker posted...
If it's just blu-rays causing it, it is probably just the player app. If it's all discs, it might be the drive. I was having the same problem and MS is sending me a replacement console. To their credit, I was on the phone for less than 20 minutes and I was done. I've had really good experiences with their customer service department.

How is the whole replacement process working if you don't mind me asking? Are they sending you a replacement console first and then you'll return yours? Or did they send you a package to send your Xbone back and then sending you one?
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken with a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it. Jack of Blades > All.
#5extankerPosted 2/24/2014 2:32:56 PM
Once you set it up to be replaced, they offer you two choices.

1. You send it in and wait for a replacement. From what I understood, you have to cover the shipping cost to send it back.

2. You give them a credit card and they put a hold on $500. They send you a replacement console and a box to return your old one. Once they receive the busted one, they release the hold on the credit card. You don't have to pay for anything. This is what I did when my Kinect crapped out and I had no problems.