So I'm considering getting a Xbox and need some info about Kinect

#1Shy420Posted 2/21/2014 8:48:36 PM
The room that I game in is fairly small and has a bed in it. The maximum amount of distance I can "stand" away from the kinect would be roughly 4 -5 feet, 5 feet is pushing it. So, what is the minimum distance where the kinect would be able to be used? Do I have to use the kinect or can I not plug it in? If I "have" to use it could I put it in another part of the room that will give me more distance but not be in front of the television?
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#2kcypher2000Posted 2/21/2014 8:51:25 PM
Not sure about xbox fitness but for the other kinect features that is plenty of room. The new kinect requires less room and is alot more accurate. Lacks any games until kinect sports comes out but xbox fitness is awesome.

I just play the free insanity video over and over. Also kinect is great way to skype.
#3kennyynnooPosted 2/21/2014 8:52:28 PM
You don't have to use, I only skype with mine, its unplugged otherwise.
---
PSN-S30andz32
360-Z32andS30
#4jpraelsterPosted 2/21/2014 9:10:03 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
Not sure about xbox fitness but for the other kinect features that is plenty of room. The new kinect requires less room and is alot more accurate. Lacks any games until kinect sports comes out but xbox fitness is awesome.

I just play the free insanity video over and over. Also kinect is great way to skype.

No its really not enough room I was disappointed I couldnt play kinect sports rivals preseason because it told me there wastn enough room and I have just as much room as him
#5KamiKazie44Posted 2/21/2014 9:45:28 PM
The PS4 camera and Kinect make my room look SUPER small lmao. But its quite big... Idk if it's the way its placed as its just on a stand in front of my TV which shows myself on a couch and shows the floor and even my feet lol. Not sure where else to put it but yeah, makes my room look like a closet!