PS4 owner and just got a XB1

#1InfiniteHEROPosted 2/22/2014 8:22:53 AM
Holy cow is this thing really this slow? Updating it out of the box took forever and I basically shut it off and went to bed and let it finish installing KI...

The UI and such is fast but the kinect gestures are annoying in the menus because they dont seem to responsive and nothing like yelling at the system over and over to get it to recognize commands.... I dont know if this was a worth while $500 investment...
---
PSN: Infinite_HERO79
XBL: InfiniteHER0
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 2/22/2014 8:24:09 AM
Yeah, the Kinect is not 100% accurate, it's not bad but not accurate which makes it impossible for competitive games or any game really, other than something casual.
---
3770K | 780 Ti x 2
Steam: Xeeh Origin: TurboPeasant
#3FadingLightsPosted 2/22/2014 8:25:27 AM
Sadly I felt the same. Except it was the opposite for me.

Xbox One came out in the UK first and I got used to it, but then the PS4 dropped and everything seemed blazing fast!
#4CyberneticRatPosted 2/22/2014 8:34:34 AM
Honestly, yelling at the Kinect makes it even more unresponsive.

Don't talk like a robot either.

People make these mistakes all the time.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#5InfiniteHERO(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 8:39:48 AM
CyberneticRat posted...

Either way this system is a huge step down coming off a PS4 unless your looking at its multimedia purposes...If this was the only system you had and did not experience how fast the PS4 does everything then it might be ok to you..

Other wise is slower,more expensive,and less powerful...

This thing is going back to the store ASAP
---
#6Garage_ManPosted 2/22/2014 8:42:36 AM
InfiniteHERO posted...
CyberneticRat posted...

Either way this system is a huge step down coming off a PS4 unless your looking at its multimedia purposes...If this was the only system you had and did not experience how fast the PS4 does everything then it might be ok to you..

Oh god no you are going to be called a troll for stating the truth..oh btw 720 = 1080...no difference at all.
#7SS_MetalSonicPosted 2/22/2014 8:45:42 AM
ignored.
---
PSWiiPCBOX - Currently playing - Sonic Generations, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Crysis 3, Killer Instinct, Killzone: SF, BioShock: Infinite, Forza 5, Dishonored
#8amarayaar007Posted 2/22/2014 8:47:11 AM
Garage_Man posted...
InfiniteHERO posted...
CyberneticRat posted...

Oh god no you are going to be called a troll for stating the truth..oh btw 720 = 1080...no difference at all.

There really isn't a difference since most people own 720p TVs right now anyway, just like in the beginning of last gen most people still owned SD TVs which made PS3s Blu-ray capabilities useless, although that changed a couple years into the generation.
#9InfiniteHERO(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 9:06:07 AM
amarayaar007 posted...
Garage_Man posted...
InfiniteHERO posted...
CyberneticRat posted...

There really isn't a difference since most people own 720p TVs right now anyway, just like in the beginning of last gen most people still owned SD TVs which made PS3s Blu-ray capabilities useless, although that changed a couple years into the generation.

Most people own 720 TV's ??? Really why buy a 720 TV when 1080 are basically the same price at this point....
---
#10icewolf74Posted 2/22/2014 9:15:02 AM(edited)
I was an Xbox One owner for about two months. I sold it though mostly because how slow the games took to install. Seriously...two days for Forza 5 to finish installing? The console, imho, is a good console with an awesome interface and pretty awesome graphics, but the slow installs killed it for me.

I just bought a PS4 a couple of weeks ago and the installs are much, much, much faster. Plus, I like knowing I have the more powerful console that will have amazing looking games compared to the Xbox One or Wii U. On that note: I can swear Call of Duty: Ghosts looks a TON better running on the PS4 than on the Xbox One, even on my 1080i max resolution TV; yeah, I know I need a new HDTV.

Anyways, getting rid of my Xbox One in favor of getting a PS4 was a smart decision by me, since I was never an Xbox guy in the first place. The Xbox One was a stupid impulse buy since I wanted to jump into next-gen and couldn't get a PS4 at launch due to not having one reserved. What a waste of money. Ugh!
---
My Current Consoles: PS4, PS3, SNES, Genesis, Neo Geo Gold, 3DS XL
San Diego Charger's Fan since 1990