The Xbox One Multiplatform Discrepancy Debunker

#131lokinineteenPosted 2/23/2014 4:09:59 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
lokinineteen posted...

Unless Im mistaken he said his email address was the same as his id here ie: sigmalongshot@......... Not that he uses his works email address.

Not sure, but it would indicate the same thing.
Having the same email address at your work as your username on a message board indicate something else is going on.

My work email and my private email are kept separate.

SigmaLongshot posted...
I've cited many a time who I work for, what position I keep - in fact, my Gamefaqs account is my work email (@Ubisoft.com).

I'm not at liberty to divulge the other game (as the change of host platform hasn't yet been declared publically) but the first game to shift to XB1 primary platform, as stated publically to EDGE, is The Division.

Same for me but my work email is my full name. If it was a username like Sigmas then I might be inclined to use it here too.
#132SoulTrapperPosted 2/23/2014 4:16:59 AM
lokinineteen posted...

Same for me but my work email is my full name. If it was a username like Sigmas then I might be inclined to use it here too.

That's the thing: his work email is his username.

A work email tends to be your actual name, since it's your work and mostly rather serious, so why use a username as your official work email?
#133SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 4:26:59 AM
I'd like to formally request a moderator close/remove this topic, as it's just descended into a creepy and disturbing probe into my personal life. I don't mind a little bit of probing, but this is too much now.

I'd really appreciate that. Thanks in advance.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#134_PDZero_Posted 2/23/2014 4:33:48 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
But before we go any further - the elephant in the room. Yes, the PS4 is the more powerful machine, and that's not under scrutiny. But how that translates into the games is being a touch overblown based on the games currently available, and I know this from first-hand experience developing on both platforms.

That's pretty funny, seeing as how you're a GUI artist and not an actual developer.

You're already making stuff up in your third paragraph, how can you expect people to take anything after that seriously?
#135SoulTrapperPosted 2/23/2014 5:09:43 AM(edited)
SigmaLongshot posted...
I'd like to formally request a moderator close/remove this topic, as it's just descended into a creepy and disturbing probe into my personal life. I don't mind a little bit of probing, but this is too much now.

You keep making claims about being a developer without posting any real evidence, you can't honesty be surprised that people look into the claims you make.

I suggest you either stop alluding to being a developer (which is a clear lie) and don't make posts as if you actually know what you're talking about because you work for Ubisoft or deal with the consequences that making those statements bring with them.

I haven't posted anything about you that you didn't already post yourself on this board.

And you can close topics yourself if no one posted anything for 5 minutes.
#136Spetsnaz420Posted 2/23/2014 5:14:50 AM
SigmaLongshot posted...

Yup that's what I thought
---
I don't conform to social convention
PS4 or Xbox... Why not Zoidberg?
#137WeirdShroomPosted 2/23/2014 7:09:47 AM
Lesson in Comprehension:

"in fact, my Gamefaqs account is my work email (@
Ubisoft.com)."

=

The email he used to open his gamefaqs account, which you don't see, is his work email, which is an @ubisoft.com address. However, as he made clear that contains his name...so you don't need to know that because you guys are creepy and dumb.

Lrn2rEad
---
GT: BxB402 - "NOPE"
#138SoulTrapperPosted 2/23/2014 7:40:04 AM(edited)
WeirdShroom posted...
Lesson in Comprehension:

"in fact, my Gamefaqs account is my work email (@
Ubisoft.com)."

=

The email he used to open his gamefaqs account, which you don't see, is his work email, which is an @ubisoft.com address. However, as he made clear that contains his name...so you don't need to know that because you guys are creepy and dumb.

Lrn2rEad

That's the point and was already mentioned: why would you open a gamefaqs account with your work email if it wasn't work related?

It only further increases the suspicion that he's paid to do this.

And there's nothing creepy going on, all of the info I posted in this topic is info he posted himself on this board.
So I don't really understand why he's acting "offended", either.

Of course, being caught outright lying about being a developer when you're actually a GUI artist is pretty embarrassing.
#139SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2014 7:47:48 AM
I hopped back hoping for a moderator to have culled this topic by now, alas, no luck.

Oh, and Soultrapper, just for future reference so you're not called out in future; a game developer is someone who professionally develops videogames. They're split into several fields, with art, design, programming and pipeline all being developer roles.

I'm suspecting you've written the same statement three times because you think "developer" is synonymous with "programmer" or "coder". Just a note for future reference.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#140SoulTrapperPosted 2/23/2014 7:53:31 AM(edited)
SigmaLongshot posted...
I hopped back hoping for a moderator to have culled this topic by now, alas, no luck.

Oh, and Soultrapper, just for future reference so you're not called out in future; a game developer is someone who professionally develops videogames. They're split into several fields, with art, design, programming and pipeline all being developer roles.

I'm suspecting you've written the same statement three times because you think "developer" is synonymous with "programmer" or "coder". Just a note for future reference.

This is what you said:

But how that translates into the games is being a touch overblown based on the games currently available, and I know this from first-hand experience developing on both platforms.

You draw the UI and make art, you don't have "first-hand experience" developing on either console outside of drawing stuff.
Certainly not enough to go and make the claims that follow.

And you've certainly not done anything to prove that you do have that experience either.

You're pretty good at drawing pictures, but terrible at shilling.

And as I said before: you yourself can close this topic if no one posts for 5 minutes.
Just click on the message detail underneath the first post in this topic.