The Xbox One Multiplatform Discrepancy Debunker

#21SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 12:15:53 PM
Viet0ne posted...
Doesn't matter how well the development kits for either console are matured, the hardware difference is a significant difference.

All your topic states is that the Xbox One SDK wasn't really an SDK to begin with and development studios had to develop their own tools. This still changes nothing as to how the SDK will make the Xbox One perform as well.

As far as development studios leading on the Xbox One, this isn't much of a surprise anyhow. The commonality of working with DirectX is going to make development a little easier on the Xbox One for directX developers. That was already known.

However, this this doesn't change the fact that the PS4 hardware will still run anything developers for the Xbox One better than the Xbox One can run games. So yes, it's easier to develop for the Xbox One, port to the PS4 and optimize for the PS4 and get better performance within a short amount of time. If you developed for the Ps4, ported to the Xbox One and optimized, this would take significantly longer since the Xbox One is less powerful. It's much easier to optimize for a platform that is better than a platform that is worse.

You debunk nothing. All you have stated is information that has already been discussed to death in developer forums. In the end, developers have already come to the same conclusion. There is nothing the Xbox One can do that the PS4 can't do better. 95% of optimizations made on the Xbox One also benefit the PS4. Porting DirectX to the PS4 is significantly easier than it was for the PS3.

I'm not certain what you mean by I "debunk nothing". Not everything is a flipping argument. Not everything is confrontation. I'm alleviating some of the major queries about performance discrepancies, nothing more.

With regards to the information you have, you're almost entirely accurate. What I expect, however, is that the Xbox One and PS4 will narrow their fairly substantial gap in performance quite a bit within the coming four to six months, now that the tools are mostly now in place, so that we see something more akin to trivial performance differences in multiplatform titles, for example.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#22DarkHieiPosted 2/22/2014 12:26:05 PM(edited)
Quote:Doesn't matter how well the development kits for either console are matured, the hardware difference is a significant difference.

All your topic states is that the Xbox One SDK wasn't really an SDK to begin with and development studios had to develop their own tools. This still changes nothing as to how the SDK will make the Xbox One perform as well.

As far as development studios leading on the Xbox One, this isn't much of a surprise anyhow. The commonality of working with DirectX is going to make development a little easier on the Xbox One for directX developers. That was already known.

However, this this doesn't change the fact that the PS4 hardware will still run anything developers for the Xbox One better than the Xbox One can run games. So yes, it's easier to develop for the Xbox One, port to the PS4 and optimize for the PS4 and get better performance within a short amount of time. If you developed for the Ps4, ported to the Xbox One and optimized, this would take significantly longer since the Xbox One is less powerful. It's much easier to optimize for a platform that is better than a platform that is worse.

You debunk nothing. All you have stated is information that has already been discussed to death in developer forums. In the end, developers have already come to the same conclusion. There is nothing the Xbox One can do that the PS4 can't do better. 95% of optimizations made on the Xbox One also benefit the PS4. Porting DirectX to the PS4 is significantly easier than it was for the PS3.

@Viet0ne
Relax, bro. The only time he even mentioned power was when he referred to the elephant in the room. Don't worry, your purchase is secured with the PS4. Don't let your insecurities get the better of you, everyone knows that the PS4 is still more powerful hardware wise. Does that make you feel better?

All he was really talking about was the Xbox development tools, and how after a while the development teams where able to create their own tools and have a lot of flexibility with what they can do. He's giving Microsoft a compliment and he's not really trying to take away from Sony or the PS4, just that it's much easier to develop for right away, albeit less flexibility compared to the Xbox tools once they're developed. Why do you have to come in here with your silly post and sound like a butthurt little fanboy and immediately go into defense mode for Sony and the PS4. Has anyone ever mentioned the redundancy of bringing up PS4s more powerful hardware? That's like if I came on some random forum talking about explosives and I was like yeah well the United States may have developed more efficient and intelligent bombs, but the atomic bomb is still more powerful.

---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#23SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 1:15:32 PM
Laylow12 posted...
Guys, i just want to point out something. TC isn't a troll, trolls don't spend the effort he does in his posts. Maybe he has a financial stake in the XBOX ONE paycheck wise but maybe, just maybe he speaks the truth. With that being said, he shouldn't be disrespected. He's debating and in the spirit of the debate, leave the MAN alone and debate the claims. The XBOTS do nothing but character attacks because they can't defend their position intelligently. Here we have a bright man or woman thats offering up an intelligent conversation for once.

TLDR; Please don't attack the man, debate the topic all you want but respect him for not being the typical XBOT attack robot.

Laylow and I don't always agree on certain things, but as I've said to him before, if we all agreed on everything all of the time we'd be nothing more than bland, insipid robots.

You can respect someone with a difference of opinion just as you can respect someone with the same interests; you simply need to have a mind more respecting of the facts.

Thanks, mate, and I appreciate the sentiment.

In the meantime I hope people at least consider the grand scheme of things before they boil it down to "Whichever number is highest". Ironically, in an artistic entertainment medium a binary response should be the LAST thing you'd want, but hey, people find a way.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#24casper316Posted 2/22/2014 5:19:21 PM
bump

very interesting topic. I honestly don't think the graphical differences between the xbox one and ps4 make a difference to me at all, I prefer my xbox one, as far as people saying the games perform better on ps4 no they don't, they perform the exact same, they just look slightly better.
---
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlaseCasper316
XBL Gamertag: Casper316
#25TheSL1ClubPosted 2/22/2014 5:23:58 PM
TC is probably the most elaborate troll on gamefaqs, no wonder because MS would pay high dollar for such person to spread bs on forums, this is the type of people MS is looking for to hire to spread anything that negate their negativities on the internet.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#26ILikeGamesManPosted 2/22/2014 5:25:06 PM
TC says X1 is lead platform = Troll
TC says PS4 is lead platform = God
#27FadingLightsPosted 2/22/2014 5:28:20 PM
*sigh*

It's like convincing overweight people that you cannot out-train or out-exercise a bad diet. You cannot out-optimise weaker hardware. It's that simple.

PS4 multiplats will look better time and again, and the exclusives will run away with the graphics king statuses.
#28METALINGUS5150Posted 2/22/2014 5:29:38 PM
This guy is jerking you guys around. lol
#29PominAusPosted 2/22/2014 5:29:40 PM
Thank you for your insight SigmaLongshot. Your contributions to this board are well thought of.
---
Xbox Live GT 360/One: Jaydeekay86
#30PominAusPosted 2/22/2014 5:34:54 PM
FadingLights posted...
*sigh*

It's like convincing overweight people that you cannot out-train or out-exercise a bad diet. You cannot out-optimise weaker hardware. It's that simple.

PS4 multiplats will look better time and again, and the exclusives will run away with the graphics king statuses.

SMH. You missed the point entirely bud. He didn't say Xbox One versions will be the same as PS4 versions or that they will be better. What I got from this is that the difference will not be as great as it is currently.
---
Xbox Live GT 360/One: Jaydeekay86