Is boycotting titles because of your system's hardware limits a good idea?

#1GladiatorDangerPosted 2/22/2014 2:13:06 PM
I mean seriously you can't blame a game developer for the limitations of the hardware they are releasing their games on, I mean they cant just wave their magic wand and have their games run just as good on inferior hardware as they do on more powerful hardware and if this is how they are treated what is to stop them from just pulling support altogether and just focusing on the platform that their games are actually selling on?

If game developers are going to be blamed for Microsoft's mistakes why would they create games for their platform? The Xbox One is already facing an uphill battle as it is and the only way they are going to succeed is if they have the games to back them up, pushing multiplatform games into the arms of their competition is only going to make things worse.
#2PominAusPosted 2/22/2014 2:20:19 PM
No it's not a good idea. Boycotting a "game" that is little more than 2 hour long DLC is a good idea. I do not want to see other game developers think it is okay to release DLC first that should have been on the main game. Kojima is giving people the finger and they love him for it.
---
Xbox Live GT 360/One: Jaydeekay86
#3SoulTrapperPosted 2/22/2014 2:22:16 PM
Nope, the best way to get this solved is telling Microsoft to fix their console.

It will always be behind the ps4, due to the hardware, but there is no reason as to why it's this far behind this early on already.

Tell MS to get their act together and prevent this from happening, that makes a lot more sense than trying to change what has already happened.
#4GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 2:23:50 PM
PominAus posted...
No it's not a good idea. Boycotting a "game" that is little more than 2 hour long DLC is a good idea. I do not want to see other game developers think it is okay to release DLC first that should have been on the main game. Kojima is giving people the finger and they love him for it.

So no plans to boycott Phantom Pain then?
#5RaRitsujunPosted 2/22/2014 2:25:01 PM
It's a perfect idea for the MDF.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#6SigmaLongshotPosted 2/22/2014 2:27:49 PM
In this thread: "I don't know how videogame development works".
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#7PominAusPosted 2/22/2014 2:32:47 PM
GladiatorDanger posted...
PominAus posted...

So no plans to boycott Phantom Pain then?

To be honest, not sure yet but I definitely will not buy GZ. I haven't played a MGS since, hell I don't even remember.
---
Xbox Live GT 360/One: Jaydeekay86
#8GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 2:42:10 PM(edited)
SoulTrapper posted...
Nope, the best way to get this solved is telling Microsoft to fix their console.

Unfortunately that ship had already set sail when they sold their first batch of consoles, can you imagine the backlash if they decided to release a more powerful model so soon after their initial launch?
#9SoulTrapperPosted 2/22/2014 2:51:41 PM
SoulTrapper posted...

Unfortunately that ship had already set sail when they sold their first batch of consoles, can you imagine the backlash if they decided to release a more powerful model so soon after their initial launch?

I'm talking more about getting good drivers out and dropping the mandatory 10% required for the kinect, even when it isn't connected.

I know the hardware is less powerful and will always be behind the ps4, but there's no reason for it to be this far behind on last gen ports.
#10GladiatorDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 3:11:36 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
SoulTrapper posted...

I'm talking more about getting good drivers out and dropping the mandatory 10% required for the kinect, even when it isn't connected.

I know the hardware is less powerful and will always be behind the ps4, but there's no reason for it to be this far behind on last gen ports.

Thing is unless they somehow make the kinect more resource efficient they are always going to have to make allowances for it even when disconnected as the system is designed to allow the player to play games with kinect services running in the background.

Of course they could release an update that allows for increased performance when the kinect is disconnected but then this would really damage the kinect's image and their credibility,

"Kinect integration makes Xbox One the number one choice for gaming, however to get the most out of your games you need to disconnect it first."