Is this a xbox board or resoution board?

#1Meltdown611186Posted 2/22/2014 3:26:59 PM
I am just curious. I use to visit these forums all the time and now rarely do simply because of the nature of the discussions. Begin rant:

I am a 28 year old gamer who started off with the original nintendo and have owned a couple consoles each generation. In my personal opinion, I feel like I had the most fun with the N64, perhaps it was my age at the time. I have a bachelors in computer engineering and so obviously I weighed the pros and cons of the hardware at the time of purchase. Most likely, I will own an xbox one and a ps4, currently just my xbox one for the main reason of the games I like to play and my friends owning or will own one too.

When I do take the time to visit these boards it is literally a discussion on resolutions. I get that having a 1080p capable tv makes one want 1080p games. Do you guys realize cable broadcast are shown primarily in 720p or 1080i? Wait no..I will not get sucked into the discussion of nonsense.

Is this all gamers today want from the developers?? These are your standards?? Every person I see on this board that is either gloating or upset about resolution, this is YOUR standard for games we all play. Maybe it is a younger more spoiled generation on here perhaps. I was perfectly fine with the original Starcraft, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Twisted Metals, Marios, MarioKarts..etc and guess what..resolution did not matter, the game did!

I am not sure why these discussions are not moderated over to a board regarding resolutions or deleted altogether. I am hopeful that it is because a lack of games that the topic keeps coming back and one day the discussion will actually revolve around games again.

Here is my solution. It is quick and easy. If you are hurt about resolutions so badly to the point you cannot stand it, realize you bought something that maybe is not for you..we all have...get what money you can back out of it and go by what you think will make you happy. For the rest of us, this is an xbox board. I will finish with a simple question. What is your favorite game? Now think about your answer and tell me if that game had the almighty 1080p 60fps. Some will, but I am guessing many will not.
#2MrImpatient35Posted 2/22/2014 3:36:43 PM
Get with the times bro. The only thing that matters is the resolution. As if a game can be good without being 1080p. NOT POSSIBLE! Lol jk.
---
March madness anyone? So many games!
#3teh1337gosuPosted 2/22/2014 3:39:21 PM
It stems down to one thing:

The more expensive console is weaker, and this is a hot button topic.

If the Xbox one was the price of a Wii u, resolution wouldn't be an issue.
---
Yvan eht nioj
#4Garage_ManPosted 2/22/2014 3:49:19 PM
That's not why people are upset. While there are tons of trolls here and i have a dew times myself that isn't the issue at hand. It's that both these consoles are expected to last 5-7 years. Neither system can play the standard 1080 which has been standard for YEARS. It's like playing ps2 games on a 1080 screen with all the streaching of the image except the Xbox is a little better...big deal. Do it right or do it wrong, there is NO inbetween.

Does that mean that games will suck or that resolution has the slightest bit of importance when I choose a game...I'll give you a hint. Never. Absolutely not, in my opinion the ps1/2 Nintendo times were the best in gaming. Most of them were like in 480...the problem was when the ps2 was here and dear it matched the tvs at the time. The same can't be said for either console this generation.

You being in computers means you KNOW that these processors and gpus are incredibly weak. To not play 1080 is a shame especially with 4k beginning to become affordable. The difference from 1080 to 4k is so huge it's really not funny. 720 to 1080 is a massive leap in game details providing texture support is there. Forget the ps4 being cheaper, that dowsnt even matter because it can't even manage 1080 60fps most of the time.
#5GoldenEye8686Posted 2/22/2014 3:51:11 PM
Funny thing is, anyone who pays hundreds of their hard earned money for a console that was supposed to be 'next-gen' when it turns out to be sort-of-next-gen, you'd be finding excuses to justify your purchase because quite frankly, you should've stuck to the 360/Ps3
---
Youtube.com/ihandsomedevil
#6RaRitsujunPosted 2/22/2014 4:29:59 PM
teh1337gosu posted...
The more expensive console is weaker, and this is a hot button topic.

Exactly.
---
18735 XBL Gamerscores | 45 PSN Platinums - Level 25 | 7101 AppleGC pts
Demon's Souls and DARK SOULS are the real videogames.
#7FourManSevenPosted 2/22/2014 4:31:14 PM
The Xbox One board has become the "resolution", "FPS" and "Graphics don't matter" board, that the PS3 board was last generation. Except worse.
#8TheSL1ClubPosted 2/22/2014 4:32:00 PM
Garage_Man posted...
That's not why people are upset. While there are tons of trolls here and i have a dew times myself that isn't the issue at hand. It's that both these consoles are expected to last 5-7 years. Neither system can play the standard 1080 which has been standard for YEARS. It's like playing ps2 games on a 1080 screen with all the streaching of the image except the Xbox is a little better...big deal. Do it right or do it wrong, there is NO inbetween.

Does that mean that games will suck or that resolution has the slightest bit of importance when I choose a game...I'll give you a hint. Never. Absolutely not, in my opinion the ps1/2 Nintendo times were the best in gaming. Most of them were like in 480...the problem was when the ps2 was here and dear it matched the tvs at the time. The same can't be said for either console this generation.

You being in computers means you KNOW that these processors and gpus are incredibly weak. To not play 1080 is a shame especially with 4k beginning to become affordable. The difference from 1080 to 4k is so huge it's really not funny. 720 to 1080 is a massive leap in game details providing texture support is there. Forget the ps4 being cheaper, that dowsnt even matter because it can't even manage 1080 60fps most of the time.

Ps4 does 1080p, quiet easily and with room to spare.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#9Meltdown611186(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2014 5:06:03 PM
While I agree with most statements on here. These systems do have the power to display 1080 and in fact mark my words, they will. PS4 has the dedicated onboard memory so it is doing it sooner. It is like the reverse of last generation, but both consoles will be up to similar standards.

The kinect hardware is what jumps the price, and how it will actually affect games remains to be seen.

Sony made a choice of going for pure power while leaving "motion gaming" out.

Xbox made a choice of going for multifunctional entertainment. The nice thing is, they are not so similar this generation as they were last.

Finally, I think it is safe to say(and PC gamers may like this) that the steam machines will put up a great competition.
#10krystylaPosted 2/22/2014 5:11:39 PM
Don't know there are 13 topics I am currently ignoring on page one after ignoring all the trolls no one apparently seems to care about resolution suddenly
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Schreckstoff
Written by Surface Pro 2 256GB